Emotional Wreck

scorpio01
on 6/26/15 7:37 pm - Cincinnati, KY
RNY on 06/19/15

I'm one week post-op and have been finding myself crying at the drop of a hat, very anxious, and doubting my entire decision to have surgery. I live alone and not leaving the house since I've been home hasn't helped. Please tell me that these are normal emotions and they will go away soon. I'm going to have my mom come stay with me for awhile so I'm not feeling so alone. I so badly want to feel normal again!

Catherine-Mo
on 6/26/15 7:52 pm
RNY on 05/18/15

When we don't have food to buffer our feelings they come at us very raw.  That has been a big adjustment for me.  I am 5 weeks post op and it has gotten easier.  I know it can be an emotional roller coaster as we lose weight and our hormones adjust.   We have made a major life decision and change and it is very scary.   I think it is good that your mom is coming.  You are not alone.

cspotrun
on 6/26/15 7:54 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Hormone dumping is real and it's rough.  Hang in there buddy, I promise it passes and you'll be back to your normal self in no time.

Karen   

TimeForMe61
on 6/26/15 7:56 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

I went through the same thing!! I think it was the hormonal dumping because I started breaking out too. It didn't last very long. I felt better around week 4, it hit again week 6 when I returned to work, then went away for good!! It was really tough and unexpected because I'm typically super optimistic and happy. So don't worry, it will pass!!

Ladytazz
on 6/26/15 10:17 pm

Normal and this too shall pass.

In a year you will be sorry you didn't do this sooner.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Kathyjs
on 6/27/15 5:22 am

It gets better I promise:-) You are not alone, you have us 

Eggface
on 6/27/15 7:27 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Yes absolutely normal... shock of surgery, anesthesia and drugs in your system, hormones, lack of level of fuel your body is used to, it's a lot... took me about 7 weeks till I felt "normal" and not like a patient and about 2 weeks till I didn't cry at least once a day I was alone for 9 days so I feel you but even with people... it's hard to complain about something you fought so hard to get and wanted so bad. Venting here is a great outlet but you won't be sad long... seriously soon it will be OK and within a few months you (like most of us) will be saying you'd do it ALL over in a nano-second. 

Every day aim for a little better than the day before... sip water every chance you get, walk a little and breathe plenty of fresh air it helps with the clearing the head, emotions. 

~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Jeppa
on 6/27/15 2:29 pm
Revision on 06/02/15

I totally went (am going) through this! I seem to over react to almost every thing! I am 25 days post op. The sight of a spider used to make me look at it, get up and get something to dispose of it, and be done - the other day I screamed like a freaked-out child and THAT reaction caught me off guard! Yesterday my husband over-trimmed some trees and I cried like a relative had died! - it's a little silly, but it is real! 

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

scorpio01
on 6/28/15 3:03 pm - Cincinnati, KY
RNY on 06/19/15

Thank you for all the encouragement. When my anxiety kicks in, I tend to think of all the bad things that can happen. Logically, I know things will get better and I'll have my energy back soon, but it's hard to convince my brain of that. I have my post-op visit Wednesday where I'll have my drain removed (thank goodness) and get to move to puréed foods. I'm looking forward to that and hoping it helps lift my mood a bit. 

Most Active