Plateaus and Dizzy Spells

White Dove
on 6/28/15 3:16 am, edited 6/28/15 3:17 am - Warren, OH

Your heart is a pump and it had to pump harder when you weighed more.  Now it has less work to do to get the blood from your feet up to your heart and head.  When you sit or lie down it has to work even less.  So when you first stand up it is slow to start pumping harder.  The solution is to start pumping your legs a few times before standing up so that it knows to pump the blood harder.

Everything will adjust soon, but for now just sort of bicycle your legs a few times before standing up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

99-DS
on 6/28/15 3:34 pm
RNY on 04/09/15

Will give that a try to...I feel much better with all the great responses.  Glad it's not just me!  Was getting nervous.

karin602
on 6/28/15 10:29 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

It is fairly common. One check is to have no checked lying down s rand up and have it quickly received. 30 points drop or more is orthostatic hypotension. Basic solution is more fluids (yes even more) salt and caffeine. Yeah coffee! Full salt chicken broth is goo d option as well as adding salt to food. It is not pleasant to go through. Even after almost 2 years post and being at goal for about a year it still occurs on occasion. Not like it was and not as intense usually when I am tired. It is called syncope if you actually pass out. 

Karin

Most Active