You biggest post surgery non proud eating moment

kaniky
on 6/26/15 9:05 am
RNY on 05/18/15

I'm sorry you've all had problems and I hope this doesn't sound bad, but I'm glad you posted your little slips for us to read.  It gives me hopes that I am going to make mistakes and yet I can get right back on what I'm supposed to be doing and continue toward a successful weight loss. 

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Waterme27
on 6/26/15 10:56 am

I agree! We are only human after all. I believe far in moderation- it's ok, and maybe an help in the long run 

joansch
on 6/26/15 10:50 am

One day the work cafeteria had mac and cheese and beef brisket for lunch. I had some (not a lot) -- thought it would be fine. The mac and cheese definitely begged to differ and I was miserable and sick for the rest of the afternoon.

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

Susie2756
on 6/26/15 6:58 pm

Cheesenips! I have a love /hate relationship with them. I used to love to eat them, tried a handful about 3 months ago and gained a pound the next day. I now know my love affair with cheese nips is over for good!  I do not allow them in the house anymore, I dumped the box in the garbage. not a proud moment for me.... lol

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 6/26/15 7:50 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

I am almost 4 months out and have had a few bad days. My worst involved cake during a celebration combined with poor food choices while traveling. That being said, my worst day was 1,600 calories. I gained a pound that week and was really beating myself up. I got back on track the following week, increased my water intake, started taking probiotics, and had a surprising loss of 7 pounds that week.

I have been struggling this past week with a need to eat 2-3 skinny cow ice cream bars a night. I have been planning for them and staying around 800-1000 a day, but I am not proud that a third of my calories are coming from artificial sweetener laced fake ice cream. It is also reminiscent of bad eating habits pre-surgery, so I am going to work hard on this issue this coming week.

Although I have had these struggles, a bad eating day pre-op would have been at least 4-5 times worse with much more sugar, fat and refined carbs. I feel that is a huge difference and I just need to keep refocusing myself when I slip up. If I do that, I think I will be able to do this. The important part is to get back up each time I fall down. This can be done!

Waterme27
on 6/28/15 10:13 am

Do you find the ice cream more a problem because it's summer, or a year round thing ?

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 6/28/15 2:12 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

It may have been triggered by summer, but it could easily turn into a year round thing if I don'****ch it.

Most Active