Surgery in 2 weeks!!!!

Auntb15
on 6/24/15 2:26 pm

hi fellow RNY people. I am getting very excited my surgery is July 8th.Any advice would be great!!!!

cspotrun
on 6/24/15 7:20 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

You'll do great! Just follow your plan and take it day by day. It's tough in the beginning and a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but by a few months in, you'll be an old pro. Enjoy the ride!

Karen   

killinmesmalls77
on 6/25/15 6:25 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

Good Luck! Let us know how you do. It is pretty exciting on the other side. 

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

countrybella
on 6/25/15 7:05 am - Ashton, Canada

First of all - Good luck!! This is an amazing, life changing, journey! Everyone's experiences are different.

Two days before surgery I almost bailed on the whole thing - had called to cancel and all! They told me that it was too late to schedule anyone else so that I should think about it long and hard and that if I still wanted my appointment come that day, I could still do it. Well, I did it.

The first 2 months were HELL - I kept thinking and asking my family what the hell I was thinking, and what have I done. I had multiple small complications. The third month I was able to return to work and things started to look up, however, I was still struggling.

Eventually things got better - I AM SO HAPPY NOW THAT I DID IT! It has been a long hard road, but well worth every second. I am 95 lbs down, had surgery on December 19, 2014, and am happier than I can ever remember being.

There will be good days, and let me assure you, there will be bad days too! Take it one day at a time - it really is an amazing journey!!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/25/15 7:52 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I am 6 months post-surgery and still think I've experienced a miracle. 

The advice I have - DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD TO DO!!!!!

There are almost 200,000 WLS per year now, so the pre and post op care is well developed.  Don't think you know more than your medical pros, and follow their instructions.  Call them and ask if you are not sure about something.  They want you to contact them if you have any questions.  They do not want to you become a statistic because you did not contact them soon enough. 

Best of luck - I am so grateful for my surgery. (6 months out)

Sharon

mariapizarro8
on 6/25/15 10:25 am

I am waiting on my surgery date I just got approved by the insurance,very excited for you and for me.lol

Most Active