What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Emiepie
on 6/23/15 7:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I do have days where I feel like a bottemless pit but I haven't had my "visitor" since December I think. I do think sometimes my body goes through the same "motions" as I retain water and all of that. Hope you feel better today!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 6/23/15 7:17 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

So like Emiepie, shark week has been SUPER erratic for me since surgery. As in I didn't get my period for months on end, then I asked my doc about it and decided to do a course of strong hormones to hopefully induce it, then went on the pill and it sort of started up again, but not really.... ALSO like Emipie, I totally get "symptoms" like water retention, ravenous hunger, and (irrational) rage LOL. 

This surgery certainly can screw with your friend, that's for sure!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

lcraver
on 6/23/15 8:30 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Lol... shark week. Never heard that before.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Emiepie
on 6/23/15 8:48 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have also had a ablation so it's totally whacka-doodle now. My Ob did blood work when I went for my annual just to make sure hormones were doing fine and all was good there so he told me I have nothing to worry about. I will be happy if it never returns since there's nothing to worry about.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 6/23/15 7:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I can tell you that since surgery, my cycle has shortened considerably; like 25-26 days.  I'm also now a raging ***** the week before and hate everyone and everything.  Except food.  I try to snack on stuff that takes some effort to eat and has some crunch.  Celery, baby carrots, pickles, etc.

Capogirl
on 6/23/15 6:46 am

Good Morning,

Partly cloudy here in MA this morning and slightly humid, or that could just be me. 

The last thing I bought myself was a really cute pair of flats that I probably could not have worn before losing the weight. I have bought a few outfits for work and still need to buy more,  and everything I bought except for one blouse are already too big for me.

B:  Premier  Protein Shake

L:  Tuna w/ low fat mayo and pita bite crackers

D:  Chicken Thigh and steamed carrots

S:  Watermelon and SF Jello Pudding

Calories: 669     Carbs:  54   Protein:  63  Fat: 23

kaniky
on 6/23/15 6:56 am
RNY on 05/18/15

I'm doing pretty well with planning things out a bit more these days.  No new clothing for me.  I'm wearing droopy pants and oversized shirts with the intention of going down another size before I buy anything.  

B - Yogurt

S - Protein Shake

L - Turkey/cheese roll up

S - Beef Jerky

D - Ricotta bake

Calories - 847 - Carbs - 33 Protein - 79 

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Emiepie
on 6/23/15 7:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! First off let me just say the aqua boot camp was awesome. More intense than prior aqua aerobics classes I have taken and the hour flew by.

Glad the party went well, the place sounds nice. 

Latest purchase was some new pj's. Got a few cute summery tank top/short combos.

Time since surgery: 10 months

B: SF latte, egg beater scramble, fruit (grapes and 1/2 a pear) and some PB2 thin crackers

S: Cinnamon raisin thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: Ham/Cheese and spinach roll ups, a handful of trail mix, a nectarine

S: L&F Greek Strawberry yogurt and a handful granola

D: P3 Ham pack,PB granola thin and a SF iced latte (meeting up with a friend before our monthly support group)

E:1 hour cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1229 Protein: 77 Carbs: 147 Fat: 35

Have a great one!

AnnyBananny
on 6/23/15 7:14 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh I loooooove the sound of Aqua Bootcamp. I love water classes - Aqua Zumba is my favorite and you get an awesome bang for your buck - if you can find it, try it! What kind of stuff did you do in the boot camp?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 6/23/15 7:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I haven't seem aqua zumba-but I will look for it! We did "running", lots of movements with a step (like step aerobics), jumping jacks, cheerleader jumps, frog jumps, and laps in between all of those!  It was a full hour of movement using the step, arm weights and noodles. I was thankful I still had my water shoes I bought a few years ago for aqua aerobics or my feet would have got pretty beaten up with that step.

Most Active
Recent Topics