Hair Loss

Stacy C.
on 6/22/15 5:33 pm

Hello, just wondering if anyone had a lot of hair loss after surgery?

Cooter N.
on 6/22/15 7:45 pm

I am 4 months out and losing hair like crazy!!! I hate it, but what can I do but ride it out. 

Surgery 2/3/15 Band to RNY Hw:272 CW:262   

Doingrightin2015
on 6/23/15 1:52 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I am 3 and 1/2 months out and I too have started losing hair like crazy over the past couple of weeks. I just went and got a hair cut last week and the girl said your hair is so thick...I pray it gets me through this period without it being to noticeable. I feel like right now I am in a very heavy shedding period. I too hate it! But what can we do?

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

JA
on 6/23/15 2:12 am - East Haven, CT

I am almost 11 years out and still struggle with hair loss.  I am going through a time right now.  I wish I had a solution for you and everyone else.  I've had tons of bloodwork done, thyroid checked, etc. etc. no answer.  Nutritionist says to up the protein, so I'm doing a shake now at breakfast.  This is truly the worst part of WLS.  Good luck.

JA

RNY 7/21/2004 -100 lbs forever!

White Dove
on 6/23/15 8:37 am - Warren, OH

Nioxin has a system for thin and shedding hair.  It is the only thing that turned it around for me and it took months of use.  I was still thinning out at over two years and my stylist showed up at my house with a gift bag of the Nioxin products.  I used it faithfully until my hair stopped falling out and it is now thicker than before surgery.  It is not cheap but is the only thing that worked for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

kaniky
on 6/23/15 9:09 am
RNY on 05/18/15
On June 23, 2015 at 8:37 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

Nioxin has a system for thin and shedding hair.  It is the only thing that turned it around for me and it took months of use.  I was still thinning out at over two years and my stylist showed up at my house with a gift bag of the Nioxin products.  I used it faithfully until my hair stopped falling out and it is now thicker than before surgery.  It is not cheap but is the only thing that worked for me.

I'm only five weeks out.  Should I start using the Nioxin products now in the hopes that it helps with hair loss in the future?

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

White Dove
on 6/23/15 1:35 pm - Warren, OH

yes

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/23/15 9:34 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I lost quite a bit around 4 months. I was needing a change so I chopped off 13 inches and donated it. After I cut it, it seemed less traumatic for me as I didn't see so much on my brush.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

selhard
on 6/23/15 2:35 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

At 3 months post-op, hair started thinning which prompted me to purchase a faux pony-tail extension.  It wasn't necessary but I liked having a fun, temporary way to look like I had more hair.  My daughters thought it looked corny/dumb--another reason why I liked it so much : )  

I purchased Nioxin the least expensive in giant bottles found at a JCPenney salon on sale stacked with a JCP coupon.  Thinner hair lasted less than a year.  At 2 1/2 years post-op, hair was back at normal thickness but noticably more dry.

Most Active
Recent Topics