CLOTHES - I've lost almost 95 lbs and need to get rid of my clothes

Kathy S.
on 6/22/15 11:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your weight loss!  You could also check if local WLS support group has clothing exchanges

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

jayner
on 6/22/15 1:42 pm - Littleton, MA

My surgical center had a monthly meeting. About every four months, they had a clothing swap. It was very popular. Suggest something like that to your center.

christinerocks
on 6/22/15 1:42 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I sold some designer clothing on eBay with great success. Plenty of money to pay for my Gwynnie Bee membership and buy some new (to me) stuff at thrift stores.  I have a gorgeous cashmere coat that I plan to take to a consignment store in the fall.  

Look into ThredUp.com as well.  Looks to be a decent option for many here.

congratulations on your losses! What an inspiration! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

mute
on 6/22/15 2:56 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I'm struggling with this right now too. I don't have a lot of expensive name brand stuff but I have a lot of what I consider expensive work clothes. Some with tags still on because I don't have to go into the office that often so by the time I did I had lost too much weight to wear these. We don't have many consignment stores where I am. I just found one an hour away but they only take up to a size 20 which I will definitely look into but considering I'm barely in a 20 NOW that's not going to help with my bigger clothes lol.

I've been told ebay doesn't work for clothes a lot...I mean I don't have designer stuff. But I have stuff from Lane Bryant, Christopher & Banks, things like that. It's going to be so expensive to replace my entire wardrobe but so worth it!!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

stevie95678
on 6/22/15 4:00 pm

I work near downtown Sacramento and there is a Goodwill there that has all the high end, fancy stuff that the surrounding office workers donate.  I went a few weeks ago and bought a brand new pair of Chico's khakis with the LABELS STILL ON THEM for $13 whopping dollars!  I bough 5 pairs of pants and two pairs of shoes for $61.00.  Check out your downtown areas or higher end areas of town - that's where all the goodies are!

HLen
on 6/22/15 4:16 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

I use thredup to sell my clothes. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Grandmaneice
on 6/22/15 6:02 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

I gave a bunch to the daughter of my moms friend, who is recovering from cancer and down on her luck.  The rest I just took to goodwill, savers, etc.  I have bought a lot of my"new" clothes there too.  On Mondays its 30% off its 50% off on the holidays, and at Salvation Army, Wednesday's are family days, half off clothes. I hit clearance racks at stores.  I am the bargain shopper of clothes.lol

Most Active
Recent Topics