Revision from RNY pouch to Gastric sleeve due to anemia and B-12 deficient

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/24/15 8:32 am

Even if you are not bleeding heavily - still is a loss of blood.  Without other losses of blood - menstruation contributes the most to loss of iron in women. 

Doc telling yo you don't need ablation - yet you get iron infusion once a month???? someone is not getting the message. 

As Lora mentioned - most of us take mega-dosages of dry D3. (BTW- that is easily available on line - in Amazon, 

BioTech Pharmacal - D3-50 (50,000 IU) - 100 Count

My D3 was low- I took that daily for a week, then 3 times a week for a month. My D went from 40- to 100. 

Now i take it once or 2 x a week and keep my D in 50-80 levels. 

As for B12 - the sublingual did nothing for me - so now I give myself weekly B12 shots (got script for that) . my doc is not sure why I need as much - but labs show I do.  on script that costs me app $2 per shot, so it is really not that expensive. 

I can get by not having a shot in 2 weeks, but I do feel best when my B12 (blood work) is 800 or more.. 

There are other methods of delivery - Patches...- PtachMD ; and some people report very good results with that.  

If you strongly believe you need revision - go for it, but don't do that for wrong reasons. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active