Adolescent wls

Chilipepper
on 6/24/15 8:28 am

Well she seems to need some kind of tool to help her.  Not knowing her, it's hard to say if she is a good candidate but I also think should would be old enough to decide.  What are we grades like? What kind of student is she? I would only allow a sleeve.  All you are doing is giving her a smaller stomach.  You would have a huge role to play also.  You will always have to make sure there are foods in the house that are smart choices for her. Something for her to grab rather than running through the drive through. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

zombilady
on 6/24/15 10:42 am

She's a good student, even through an advanced English class with no book! (? No book?!)The healthy food choices are all here, and even when forced into fast food, no fries, no bun. (For me, she will do this bc it's something she wants badly) Also, as I've said before, she's wanted the surgery since I've had it but wouldn't even listen to her bc I knew she was too young to comprehend what everything entails. She's been preparing mentally for 4 years since I had mine, just knew I was not ready to fight with a 12 or 14 year old reminding constantly....you can imagine! We aren't doing this as a fleeting thought, believe that. And she has been eating healthier for 6 months, has lost 10 lbs so far. Surgery isn't scheduled, just want ideas and I appreciate all input, I do not mean to be ungrateful whatsoever.

khunton
on 6/24/15 8:47 pm

I'm 24 now. I had gastric bypass a week before my 24th birthday. From a younger female perspective I would say go for it. Especially if insurance covers it, doctors played it and she's ready for the life change. I only wish the option would of been available for me when I was 16-18. I honestly fell like I missed out on so much through high school and college because of my weight. 

zombilady
on 6/24/15 8:55 pm

I agree 110%. She has suffered such bullying, 2 physical attacks, and such low self esteem. I'm worried all the time she'll be easily swayed by peer pressure for acceptance. I was 37 when I had mine and believe me! Wish I'd had it when I was 24! Enjoy your new freedom, girl!

Most Active
Recent Topics