Post op almost 6 yrs ... Eating bad and it's my fault

Mary Gee
on 6/23/15 11:30 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

There is a group here Back On Track Together (BOTT) -- I've found it to be helpful.  Lesson Learned - getting back go the basics is the only way to do it.  Pre-planning our menu, weighing and measuring, meeting our plan and posting on myfitnesspal, etc.  It's a way of life we have to stick to.  It stinks, but that's the way it is.  We have to make the effort to meet the challenge of trying new recipes and keeping our meals interesting and satisfying.  

Good luck to you

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/23/15 11:56 pm - OH

If you mean going back to basics as in going back to liquids/purees... Then no.  If you mean going back to measured, small portions of almost exclusively protein and very few carbs... Then yes.

Going back to basics by eating small, measured portions, by tracking your intake, by focusing on eating a high protein, low carb diet, and by drinking lots if water is the absolute BEST way to get back on track.  

Going back to liquids is too much like a fad liquid diet and may sabotage your efforts from a psychological standpoint, putting you back in the old "diets" mentality (which usually leads to feeling deprecated, eventually giving up because of that deprivation, and then over eating (sometimes significantly) because of the sense of deprivation and then... Eventually... regaining weight and a sense of failure.

i gained some weight after having my second knee replacement surgery and I have gone back to basics in order to get those,pounds off.  The loss isn't fast, to be sure, but the scale IS slowly dropping.  I also have the knowledge that by going back to basics as defined above, I am reinforcing the eating habits that helped me maintain my 190 pound weight loss for over 6 years ****il my knee replacements).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active