What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

karenp8
on 6/19/15 5:53 am - Brighton, IL

Tablets been acting up so I've been reading but not posting. Weight today 117.2 and on track with vitamins and waterso far. Post op 34 months. No exciting weekend plans but going to my in laws for fathers day. Exercise today probably all inside as we are supposed to have rain all day. Will do three miles on treadmill and 25:minutes on the bike. Here's the eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L ham and beans D 31/2 oz baked chicken thigh and 1/2 c sauted squash S Greek yogurt. Have a great weekend everyone and make great choices!

melissasue1982
on 6/19/15 6:00 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I have a ton of pics of my kids.....want to see those?  HAHAHA  Not so much on pictures of me!  My brother and his girlfriend had my first nephew yesterday!!  SOOOOO EXCITING!!  My brother has been an amazing step dad to two girls, but now he has his first bio SON, he is so excited!!  I cant wait to meet the little man.  They live in VT, I live in NH.  So we are heading there on our vacation in July!

Tonight Hubby and I are going out for our anniversary, I had my gallbladder surgery like 2 days before our actual anniversary, so we obviously didnt go out.  This weekend I have my daughter's baseball awards cookout on saturday afternoon.  Another cook out at our family camp on saturday, my Uncle and his son are here from NY.  Then father's day on Sunday....

I dont know what I will be having for dinner yet.  We are eating at the resort we were married at.  So my totals are without dinner.

10 weeks since surgery

B: 1/2c skim milk, 1/2 scoop syntrax vanilla bean torte

S: Light string cheese

L: 1 romaine leaf, 1oz deli roasted chicken breast, 1oz RF shredded mozz cheese, 1 tbsp light ranch dressing

S: Dannon L&F greek yogurt

D: TBD

Totals w/out dinner: Cals: 383  Protein: 51  Carbs: 20  Fat: 20

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Daisydoo02
on 6/19/15 9:11 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Would LOVE to pics of your kids!!

Happy Anniversary!    Enjoy your dinner at the resort!

And yay on being a new Auntie!

lcraver
on 6/18/15 11:43 pm, edited 6/18/15 11:46 pm - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

No big plans for me this weekend. We are talking about having a July 4th party (we do it every year)... not sure if it will be big or small but there will be fireworks. I have been tweaking a WLS friendly menu plus we have to clean up for it. Think I will probably be doing the big cleaning this weekend because we are suppose to be working OT next week at work.  I am also going to finally make egg cups and protein ice cream (the stats on this are not as bad carb wise as Yasso, touch more calories and the protein is awesome). Pray for me, that I can control myself.  I just want some kind of frozen treat with this heat and I am so DONE with SF popsicles!

Menu today:

B1: Tea and SugarLeaf

B2: 1 and 1/2 oz of Smithfield Virginia Baked deli ham (this is the saltiest ham that I have had in a while, will not be getting this brand again)

L: Baked Chicken Florentine

S: Banana Cream Lite and Fit greek yogurt

D: 3 oz shrimp w/1/2 tablespoon of tartar sauce, sauteed yellow squash (depends on what I can eat, prob just a bite or 2)

S: Yasso chocolate fudge greek bar (I never want to buy Yasso again... I can't control myself yet and I semi-dump)

Totals: Calories - 678, Protein - 60, Carbs - 44, Sugars - 30

Everyone has a safe, healthy, fun weekend!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Emiepie
on 6/19/15 7:04 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and Happy Friday. I have no new pics this week, so sorry! Happy Birthday to you son, hope you have fun celebrating. 

Here is what my day looks like:

Time since surgery: 10 months

B: SF latte, egg beater scramble, fruit (peach and apple) 

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: 1/2 Chipotle steak salad

S: L&F Greek Blueberry yogurt and a handful of granola

D: Flat out pizza and froyo

E: ½ hour stationary stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1256 Protein: 85 Carbs: 139 Fat: 44

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Deana_
on 6/21/15 3:56 pm

When you have the thin addictive are you eating the entire package or just one sliver. Also what cheese. I got cinnamon raisin and pistachio with white cheddar 

Emiepie
on 6/21/15 5:07 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi! I eat the entire 100 cal pack with the light Swiss laughing cow cheese wedge which has 35 cals. Hope you enjoy!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 6/19/15 7:24 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning ladies!

Happy Freakin Friday Laides!! Just a quick check in to say Hi!  I read your posts most days but life is busy and I don't always get to post. Yesterday was my birthday and hubby is taking me out to our favourite Steak Restaurant tonight (we both were busy after work yesterday).  I am feeling blessed to be so healthy and happy and living life to the fullest (oh how this surgery has changed my life, physical, mental and emotional, its been phenomenal)!!!

I am 17 months post op, maintaining between 117 lbs - 120 lbs.  The list of daily NSVs are just too many to list, but here are a few:

- I recently bought myself four pairs of summer wedge heels, they are all 4-5" high. I wear them all day long at work, walk around everywhere and I have no pain anywhere (as opposed to pre surgery constant, knee, ankle and back pain and only wore running shoes)

- Me and my husband's social calendar is beyond full.  People who want to get together with us I say I am booking in September & October (LOL LOL) as our summer weekends are full of weddings, engagements, retirements, two 50th wedding anniversary's, vacation time away, baseball tournaments, BBQs and beach days (pre surgery I never left my couch, you could pretty much find me on the couch, in front of the TV with my computer on my lap, I declined most social events as I loathed myself and my size)

- My husband asked me last night if I wanted to go to an MLB baseball game in town and I said sure.  He asked "where do you want to sit, I know you want the aisle seat", I said "oh that was before when I was fat, I can sit anywhere in the stadium now!"  (now on airplanes, doctor's office chairs, conference room chairs, subway seats and stadium seats I not only fit I have room to spare on either side me.  I don't cringe when someone sits beside me anymore!!!)

- On my lunch hour at work I jog 5-6 km.  When I get home from work I take my dogs out for another 5-6 km jog/hike.  So daily I jog 10-12kms. WHAT?!?!?! (pre surgery again you would find me on the couch, everyday, every night, every weekend)

For anyone thinking of doing this surgery, don't hesitate, its the best thing I ever did.  For anyone who is struggling, you can do this, follow your Centre/Surgeon's rules and its easy as pie.  For anyone who just had surgery, do participate in this Menu thread, the ladies are fantastic and when I was new I posted daily and it helped me establish the "rules" of protein forward, no drinking with meals, take my vitamins and weighing and measuring everything, using MFP daily and cardio exercise daily.

Time since surgery - 17 months (Nov 15, 2013)

B: one cup of vanilla hazelnut coffee with 1% Lactose free milk & then one can of clover leaf tuna, with chopped cucumber & red pepper with 2 tbsp of Kraft Balsamic vinaigrette dressing

S: Dannon Silhouette Peach Yogurt

L: 4 oz of Greek grilled chicken with 1 tbsp tzatziki

S: Starbucks Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte

D: 4 oz of Filet Mignon steak, 1-2 tbsp of mixed grilled veggies

S: two homemade Soft Ginger cookies (bday treat, a co worker made them for me and they are delish)

TOTALS: Cals: 1089  Protein: 107  Carbs: 63  Fat: 50

V/W: Vitamins done, calcium on alarms, water is good 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone and hope you are all doing awesome! Here is my pic from this morning 

Daisy xo

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

AngryViking
on 6/19/15 7:36 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Daisy!  Where you been, girl!?  So happy to see you posting today!

First, you look fab.  Second, your list of NSVs is awesome.  Rock on with your bad self!

Daisydoo02
on 6/19/15 8:37 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

AV! I have been here, reading posts and "lurking."  Just been really darn busy, but in a good way!  I promise to post more often and support you and the ladies any way I can!

By the way, the tiny little picture you posted of yourself was like a tease!!  YOU are gorgeous and you need to show yourself off!! 

Thank you for the compliment, I feel good, I guess it shows!  NSVs are happening daily and I love it. Keep up the great work too AV!! 

Most Active