Pain?

DanaDenise
on 6/18/15 10:11 am

I am 4 weeks post op today, and I'm still having pain on my left side.  This morning I woke in pain because I was laying on that side!  Today I'm in more pain than I've been in quite some time.  Bending over to pick something up or do laundry is very painful! 

Did anyone else still have pain 4 weeks out?

Also, I gave myself big bruises when giving myself the shots for the leg blood clots.  They are fading, but I just noticed that I have knots under the skin in the places the bruises were, but it doesn't hurt.  Anyone know what that is?

Pokemom
on 6/18/15 10:24 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I cannot comment on the leg shots.  But about the pain on the left side, I really did have a lot of pain there for 2-4 months. Just under my bottom rib.   Sometimes stronger, sometimes weaker.  Sometimes it was catch-my-breath pain, like little stabs.  Sometimes not there at all.  I could not connect it consistently with eating or drinking.  

Eventually the pain went away.  When it finally went away, it was like a big blurble pain, like a coil unwrapping from the site of the pain down across my abdomen.  And then it was gone!  I have no idea what it was.  I wish I had talked with my doctor about it.  A first, I thought it was just post surgical pain.  Finally I was going to discuss at my next appointment, but then it blurbled away. 

Kathyjs
on 6/18/15 12:17 pm

The pain you are having  'IMHO ' is from that is the spot they work with. Putting instruments in etc

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/18/15 6:06 pm - OH

The knots under the skin at the injection sites are very common and will disappear shortly.  The knot is just a small hematoma.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active