New here! RNY scheduled

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/15 9:52 am
RNY on 06/30/15

I spent the past few hours reading your blog from your pre-op, surgery,  and post-op journey and you had me in tears a few times!  Thanks so much for putting that together!  

It was very encouraging and insightful.  My surgeon and I both worry a bit about my schedule.  Not only do I teach,  but during the same months,  I am in law school full time.  My final exams and mid terms fall around the same time as report cards!  Just getting enough sleep is a challenge,  much less planning healthy meals and exercising!  

Just like you, I have lost large amounts of weight on my own and gained it all back.  Most notably,  85 pounds in 2009-10. I kept all of it off for about 6 months,  then gained back about 25 rapidly but held strong for years there.  When I started law school,  I literally gained 50 pounds in 10 months!  That's where I am now. Also like you,  I have still never been *normal* in my life.  Even down 85 pounds,  I was still obese!  

I have done all of the mental preparing I think I can,  and while I've been tempted to go binge one last time,  so far I'm staying strong on a new way of life. August will be a real test for me! 

You are an inspiration!  Thank you again for sharing! 

bthaggard
on 6/20/15 6:35 am
RNY on 06/15/15

Congrats ....I am 5 days post op...I am grateful for this site and the many friends I have made over the months. With that being said, this site will be a great tool for help.

Most Active