New here! RNY scheduled

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/15 4:36 pm
RNY on 06/30/15

I have just gotten insurance approval and scheduled my surgery for June 30th. I start my pre op diet tomorrow,  which I have already experienced before just so I'd know what to expect. 

I just wanted to introduce myself and also say thanks!  You all have been a great resource for me in preparing myself.  I had to undergo 3 months of appointments in order to be approved through my insurance,  and every time I had a question and Googled it,  this site and these forums had my answer!  You guys are an inspiration and a wonderful support network.  

I'm excited about my surgery and hope that I can be as successful as many of you!  In 2009 I lost 85 pounds through diet and exercise alone, so I definitely have the dedication,  but I have since gained every single ounce back and am hoping this tool is what I need for the long game.  

Jaime M.
on 6/16/15 8:35 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

Congratulations!  Very excited for you.  I have my "test review" appointment next week with the surgeon so I'm hoping to have surgery shortly after you!

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/15 8:44 pm
RNY on 06/30/15

Thank you and good luck! 

E_Saenz
on 6/16/15 11:20 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Good for you  i still haven't got a date yet but will soon .  I'm happy for you!

Elia Maria Saenz

jill M.
on 6/17/15 3:53 am

Good on ya love! I am a week or from my surgery and a newbie to this but had three successful year with the lap band before it decided it did not like me anymore and sold not let me swallow anymore. I managed to keep 80 pounds off by coming to this site and learning from others. All the best to you and keep coming back!!

Jill            
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 4:01 am
RNY on 06/30/15

Good for you for overcoming obstacles and sticking with it!  My brother just had his second WLS  (VSG to DS) with 6 years between surgeries.  Our journeys are all different,  but goals alike! So wonderful that we can lean on each other for support! 

kaniky
on 6/17/15 10:42 am
RNY on 05/18/15

Congratulations.  I'm at 4 weeks out and struggling a bit, but find hope and information on this board!!

I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.
M1: -15, M2: -14, M3: -8, M4 -11, M5 -8, M6 -7, M7 -8, M8 -4

Kathyjs
on 6/17/15 2:32 pm

Congrats, it's an exciting time. Seems like yesturday I heard the 'you are approved' call. 

E_Saenz
on 6/19/15 10:20 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

My insurance covers the surgery but I have to be approved first the doctor office seems to think I should not have any issues with the approval.

Elia Maria Saenz

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/19/15 12:47 pm - Windsor, Canada

Welcome. I couldn't help notice your moniker and I'm a K teacher too.  I had my surgery 9 years ago this July. If you'd like a buddy message me and I can help you anytime. Also on facebook.  

Learn from the vets - we know how different this surgery is when you are out a few years. It will be amazing but also a challenge.

Take care

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active