What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Amy H.
on 6/17/15 12:38 am, edited 6/17/15 12:44 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/08/15

Good morning! I hope you start feeling better soon, doesn't sound like fun at all!

Allergies - only to Biaxin (meds in Z pack) make me so sick, and now know ALL IV pain meds make me pretty much scratch my skin off! What a terrible experience! So in the hospital last week I endured the pain and stopped using the pain med button. Just wanted to stop itching so bad!!!

B: Nectar Fuzzy Navel shake

S: NSA Carnation in milk

L: Butternut Squash soup

S: SF pudding cup

D: Broc N Cheese soup, blended and strained

S: SF popsicle or shake

Amy

banded 12/2006, slip revision 7/2013, revision to rny 6/8/2015

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 9:01 am

They didn't give you benadryl for feeling itchy?

Amy H.
on 6/17/15 10:24 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 06/08/15

They did, took over 24 hours of getting it dosed every 4 hours to get it to finally calm down, at that was even after I stopped the pain meds! Had issue with Morphine before, so tried another pain med this time and actually seemed worse :( Not sure what my options are in future if need it again....

Amy

banded 12/2006, slip revision 7/2013, revision to rny 6/8/2015

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/15 7:28 pm

That  sucks I am sorry. 

hl1524
on 6/17/15 7:51 am - Austin, TX

Good morning!  I'm working at home again so perhaps I'll be able to be more active in this forum!  

Time since surgery: 9 months 

B: bananaberry protein shake

S: peanuts

L: chefs salad 

S: pistachios

D: Grilled chicken with mozzarella and spaghetti sauce

v/w: Started

Totals: Calories:974   Carbs:37   Protein:87

RNY 8/27/2014

NinaCanDOit
on 6/17/15 8:05 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Eeek, AV the bite sounds scary.  I know it's a bother, but I too would get it looked at. 

I have general allergies (thank you Texas hill country), and then the other major ones are bee stings and the sun.  I burn very easily, and then quickly blister... it's ugly (and painful).  I'm also bad with prolonged heat - I get heat rashes that last and get itchy.  Though I wonder if my heat threshold has shifted bc now I can't stand to have the house below 80-81, or I'll be freezing.  It's 81 in here now and I'm perfectly comfortable in a shirt, sweatshirt, pajama pants and fuzzy socks.  (shrug)

b - Nectar Cappuccino soy smoothie (blended w/ a little sf white chocolate pudding mix & ice)

s - beef jerky

l - vanilla bean greek yogurt 100 & small toast w/ herb chevre cheese

s - 1/2 oz habanero pistachios, popsicles

d- salmon bruschetta patty & mixed veggies

vitamins/water ok

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

lcraver
on 6/17/15 9:20 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Okay, so I counted, the general consensus... get the bug bite checked. 

I am allergic to Augmentin (so basically penicillin), poison ivy and hot peppers. With the peppers, if I am cutting them up, I have to wear gloves or my hands get like big, red cartoon hands and are so dang itchy, I can't stand it. And, I also used to be allergic to one our cat's saliva. He was one of those cats that loved to rub his open mouth over your hands while you petted him... it would make me rashy and itchy. He passed away 2 years ago, but I would endure itchy, rashy hands to pet him again.

My menu today:

B1: Tea with Sugar Leaf

B2: 1.25 oz of Cabot's Seriously Sharp cheese

L: Chicken Florentine (yay, made it and LOVED it...thx AV)

S: Yoplait Orange Creme 100 Calorie greek yogurt

D: 3 oz talapia

S: Strawberry protein shake

Totals:  Calories - 793, Protein - 75, Carbs - 45, Sugars - 27, Fats - 25

Vits/Water - working, Exercise - walking and arms

Everyone have a great day!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 6/17/15 2:31 am, edited 6/17/15 2:31 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay for the chicken!  I bought the stuff to make it last night, so it's on my menu this week, too.  And yeah, I'm going...I was just whining mostly.  LOL

stacyrg
on 6/17/15 9:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  I really love this thread for keeping me on track.  Although I use Myfitnesspal to track, there's something about putting it out there for all to see that makes me make better choices, so thanks for this thread!

Here's the plan:

B:  Leftover Greek chicken salad

S: Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte

L: Grilled chicken and edamame

S: Light and Fit and PB2

D: Tri-Tip and roasted broccoli

TOTALS:  Cal. 829; Protein: 99g; Carbs: 34g; Fat: 23g

Hope you all have a great day!

Corrie33
on 6/17/15 9:59 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I'm severely allergic to bee stings and spider bites.  A sting on the palm of my hand swelled up to my elbow and nearly cut off my circulation.  And a spider bite to my abdomen had to be surgically drained.  Not fun stuff... I hope you'll get your knee looked at... it's worth the copay!

4 Months Since RNY

Today's Menu (same ol' same ol')

B - Chocolate Protein Shake with Cal Free Caramel syrup, 5 oz Unsweetened Cashew Milk and a couple drops of peppermint extract

L - L&F Banana Yogurt with 1/2 small sliced banana and PB2

S - Babybel Lite Cheese

D - 2 Oz Turkey Thigh Meat and a Snapple after

V/W - check

Cal - 583,   Prot - 71,   Carb - 48 

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

Most Active