Starting to think I *may* be able to do this...

mute
on 6/16/15 4:31 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I've finally had a few NSV's that have been giving me some confidence. I'm not really buying clothes because mostly I'm shopping out of my closet but I bought some cheap pants and tshirts - the pants were 2 sizes smaller and the shirt was a size smaller so yay for that.

But besides that I feel like I finally believe I can accomplish this. I have a lot of weight to lose and I know I have a long way to go, I'm not expecting it to happen next month or anything but for the last 3 months I've been feeling like maybe I would be the person that just couldn't make this work. But I haven't cheated once. I have restricted carbs and taken my vitamins daily. I always get my water in and I get my protein in every day. Almost 3 months down, another 15 months or so to go of the honeymoon stage lol?

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Navychic
on 6/16/15 4:45 pm
RNY on 02/09/15

It sounds like you are doing great!!!! You have every reason to celebrate and no reason to doubt!  Keep it up!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Stephanie M.
on 6/16/15 6:00 pm - Los Angeles, CA

Wow!! Sounds like you've come a really long way in 3 months! Congrats on all the changes you've been making! 

TimeForMe61
on 6/16/15 6:16 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Congratulations, Melinda!! You're focusing on the right things! I'm almost 5 months out and encountering my first stall (hopefully it's a mini one but now in 2nd week) and your post helped boost my own motivation!! Thank you!!

NYMom222
on 6/16/15 6:47 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you, you can do this! I had the "will I be the only one who fails at this?" worries in the beginning. Whoever says this is the easy way out is crazy. It is hard work, and I find there are different stages as to what is hard about it.... just when you think you have it figured out, things change....

I am 8 months ahead of you, but we had similar starting stats... the difference in 10+ months amazing... before you know it you too will be in a different place.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

SkinnyScientist
on 6/17/15 4:29 am

I really like the positive honesty of your post.

Right on. Sometimes it is like a train, it seems to start slow and then the monentum builds...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/16/15 7:22 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

You must be so proud of yourself. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/15 7:40 pm

I have to say the NSVs are amazing. It is fun shopping in our closet. We all have had that piece of clothing that we said I will fit into that next year. But this year you will. 

Just keep plugging away. I felt like this was not going to happen. I questioned my surgeon if he did anything in there. 

Good for you getting water in and protein. It shows that you have your eye on the prize. Not just looking good but feeling good. 

mute
on 6/16/15 8:27 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I definitely wouldn't feel as confident without this site though, that's for sure! My plan had potatoes on it immediately and rice and pasta very quickly so I threw that out the window and basically cried sourced my own diet plan from here. So really I feel like I'd be very lost right now. 

Plus I'm on my 42nd day of tracking in MFP which I think is a huge help which I was super against in the beginning. But I decided to take the advice of the people here who had the experience. Obviously I expect to make mistakes and hit walls but right now I feel like this might be doable. I have had a plateau and got around it, so I'm hoping that I can remember when I have another one!

SkinnyScientist
on 6/17/15 4:31 am

"My plan had potatoes on it immediately and rice and pasta very quickly so I threw that out the window and basically cried"

-this is WHY you are going to be successful. You know what got you MO and you aren't going "back to it".  I love your will and determination!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Most Active