Starting to think I *may* be able to do this...

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/17/15 7:25 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I started with 206 pounds to lose (which felt impossible) at 344 pounds and a 57.2 BMI -- and the Cleveland Clinic's "goal" for me was only 139 pounds to lose (leaving me at 205 lbs and an obese BMI) -- I found that so discouraging.  I mean, certainly 205 lbs was a lot healthier than 344 lbs -- but I didn't want to have my guts rearranged to still be obese!  So I set a personal goal of 180 pounds 29.9 BMI. Well, once I hit that, I realized that I could do anything... so I have just kept going.  My next goal was to have a normal BMI.  I recently got that with a 24.99 at 150 lbs.   I have now lost 193 lbs and wear a size 8.  People are constantly trying to sabotage me, telling me I shouldn't lose more -- but my goal is 100% weight loss.  I want to weigh 138 to 140.  I WILL DO IT.  

I guess my point is -- You can definitely DO this. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NinaCanDOit
on 6/17/15 7:32 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Thank you for this.  I needed to read this today. 

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Kathyjs
on 6/17/15 9:00 am

I really don't understand this honeymoon stage? I worked my tool from day 1 and never felt 'omg honeymoon is over ?' Take it day by day. Work your tool and by the way I am a pretty good judge of who will make it and dear. , you are one that's going to do great. !! 

Han Shot First
on 6/18/15 7:25 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

You are doing awesome!  I love shopping now...well, not really, I'm still a typical guy in that I don't like shopping.  But I don't hate it as much as I used to.  

I also had my "I can actually do this" moment at about 3 months also.  I was the same way:  no cheating, had to modify my plan from my doctor (based mainly on advice from this site), and using MFP quite a bit.  It was at that 3 month point that I realized this was the longest I've ever stuck to a diet, and I was ready to keep going.  I had made good progress, and I wanted more.  You'll do great.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active