What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 6/15/15 9:08 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I had a good weekend because the pool is officially open and there was weather to match. Sunday morning I floated around my pool praying and contemplating life on my new float Kai Float that I have been eyeing on the Frontgate website for years but it was too expensive - $175. Well I saw what looked like the same one on Zulily for $75. Still expensive but doable. Well I floated on it for the first time the other day and looked at the label sewn in and it said "Frontgate"... so it literally was the same float. Score!

I have been totally frustrated with my weight/progress at this point-- it has been jumping all over the place, not that I haven't had fluctuations and stalls but this is different... pre-surgery I used to have huge jumps up and down in my weight any given week, but this is not normal since surgery... and I go see the surgeon tomorrow and I wanted to be down more when I saw him. Boo.

B: Herbal tea, Chocolate-PB2-banana protein smoothie

L: Roast beef- 2oz, cheese 1oz on low carb tortilla (60 calorie), grape tomatoes

S: Homemade popsicle,

D: Chicken sausage with peppers and onions

S: lemon yogurt with blueberries

E: 45 minutes rebounder, self-defense class

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 6/15/15 9:15 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love a good deal like that!  I'm also totally jealous of your pool.  LOL

Lemon/blueberry is quite possibly my favorite flavor combo of all time.

NYMom222
on 6/15/15 9:45 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Next time you come "Downstate" ...just keep coming... I will happily throw a shrimp on the Barbie and go for a swim with you...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

lcraver
on 6/15/15 2:50 am, edited 6/15/15 2:52 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So sorry about the bug bites. I am lucky that they don't seem to bother me much. But with my son and husband, if they get mosquito bites, they blow up just like poison ivy. I do get poison ivy, though, always have since I was a little girl. Doesn't seem to get me as bad in NC but if I go to PA (real home), you can bet, I will get it.

My weekend was filled with vacuuming. I am afraid with my new vacuum cleaner that I am going to unravel my carpet. And, it must be held together by dirt!!!!  LOL, it is so disgusting... what I am pulling out of my carpet.

My menu today:

B: Tea with SugarLeaf

B2: 1 oz of almonds

L: 3 oz of shrimp, 1/4 cup grilled yellow squash with a little EVO

S: Yoplait 100 calorie strawberry greek yogurt

D: 3 oz. chuck eye steak (yay, I can tolerate steak... slowly and minuscule bites), maybe 1/4 cup cucumbers, if it will fit

S: protein hot chocolate

Totals:  Calories - 874, Protein - 72, Carbs -55, Sugar - 34, Fat - 45

I have started my hated vitamins (I don't know why I hate taking vitamins), my water is going in and I am working my way up to 10,000 steps a day.  This week's goal is to get at least 6,000 steps in each day. I am also going to do the arm challenge when I get home from work... my weights are waiting for me!

I am going to make Anny Bananny's egg cups tonight for breakfast the next few days... wish me luck! I am also going to make AV's chicken florentine this week and Eggface's protein ice cream.  It's experimentation week!! 

Everyone have an excellent day!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

stacyrg
on 6/15/15 11:22 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning!  a late post from me, but I got stuck in traffic this morning (you've got to love LA traffic) and had to go right into a meeting. I too am a bug magnet and when I get them I swell up like crazy.  Thanks for all the tips to repel them and deal with the itching!  Also, thanks to Anny and Dodgergirl.  Day 1 of the arm challenge is done!

Here's the plan:

B:  Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese

S:  Banana Light & Fit and PB2

L:  Grilled Chicken and edamame

D: New York Strip and Stir Fry Veggies (Broccoli, Asparagus, Onion, Carrot and Mushroom with a bit of soy sauce)

TOTALS:  Cals: 681 (a bit low so I'll probably add in one more snack); Protein: 92g; Carbs: 27g; Fat:13g

mrs_smith_canada
on 6/15/15 1:29 pm

B: 2 hardboiled eggs in a wrap 

S: almonds

L: salmon on salad 

S: simple bar

D: shrimp stir fry (I think)

E: 20 min HIIT cardio, 40 min resistance power circuit (calorie burn 742)

S: protein shake recovery 

protein 122g, fat 38g, carb 18g total calories 1021 

07-01-2011 SW 311 LBS

WEIGHT LOSS PRE-SURGERY 37 LBS

SURGERY DATE 10-06-2011 274 LBS 

GOAL WEIGHT 145 

CW 143 

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/15/15 3:34 pm

IMO - too many proteins, not enough fat...but it is just me... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

phibbmom
on 6/15/15 6:58 pm

I'm bug bait too!  Always welting up in the summer.  I swear no one else in my family gets a bite if I am there.  I look like I have the measles or something.  I hope they go away quickly!

My menu is a little crazy too.  Running my youngest on a three day field trip back and forth to Crystal City through DC . . . at rush hour.  So stressful.

Time since surgery:  8 mos

B:  Light & Fit

L:  Peanut butter, 1/2 banana

S:  7 shrimp

D:  Pulled pork (vinegar based), cole slaw

S:  Light & Fit Yogurt (too tired to come up with something else)

Vitamins: in

Water: in

Exercise:  treadmill 1 hour

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active
Recent Topics