What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/15/15 5:26 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning!  You guys, I am so tired.  So, so tired.  And I have these crazy insect bites on my neck that itch like mad and look like welts.  There must have been some kind of mutant insect feasting on me at the cookout on Saturday.  Bugs love me anyway, but this year has been ridiculous so far.  My son is a bug magnet, too, except he must have been bitten by a spider or something because his hand is all swollen.  This weekend kicked my ass and I am officially requesting a do-over.  And my menu today is a mess because I still need to go grocery shopping.  But I'm too tired.  LOL

Time since surgery:  almost 11 months

B:  coffee and a polenta square with ricotta cheese

S:  Click Mocha

L:  quinoa/brown rice medley thing (Near East) with a hard boiled egg and parmesan crisps

D:  cheeseburger

TOTALS:  Cals:  881  Protein:  61  Carbs:  65  Fat:  43

Somebody show me a better menu than this.  Blergh.

AnnyBananny
on 6/14/15 10:44 pm, edited 6/14/15 10:44 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Geez, AV, it sounds like you're having the proverbial Monday. I'm looking for a weekend do over as well - in some ways it was lovely, but it was also super stressful - lots of family time and some high emotions. But....

THE 14 DAY GYM STREAK IS DONE! YIPPEE! It was hard to make the time every single day for the gym and some days I was SO sore, but it definitely got my head back in the exercise game and I have some new goals and classes I'm loving - which is exactly what I wanted the challenge for. I celebrated my final day by wearing my "prize" outfit to my workout yesterday (though I forgot to take a picture, so next time I wear it I will for Photo Friday)!

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: omelet made with Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and goat cheese

S: COFFFFFFEEEEEE, L&F with chia seeds

L: turkey sloppy joe, string cheese, a peach

S: Sargento Balanced Breaks*

D: TJ's meatballs with sauce and cheese

S: Mrs May's Naturals Mini Crunch pack, pop corn with Kernel Seasons**, Froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1250, Protein 94, Carbs 111, Fat 55

V/W: started

E: it's officially a "rest" day but I took a rainy 2ish mile walk, and did Day 1 of the arm challenge (10 minutes)

*These Balanced Breaks are a new thing I spotted last week and I'm hoping they're good - it's a little prepackaged nut and cheese pack - 180 calories and 7 grams protein.

**I might be the last to the Kernel Seasons pop corn seasoning party, but I just bought this Parmesan Garlic flavor last week and it's awesome.  A 100 calorie pack of pop corn with 1/4 teaspoon (the serving size, which is 2 calories) of the seasoning is delicious. Now, saying that, I realize I should turn my basically everyday popcorn habit into an occasional treat because it has a lot of carbs...so don't follow my lead and add it to your menu regularly, it's a hard habit to break!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 6/15/15 5:56 am

Never heard of the popcorn seasoning!!  THANK YOU!!  Way to go on completing your gym streak, so awesome!!

Emiepie
on 6/15/15 6:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You did it! Great job

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 6/15/15 7:52 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

YOU GUYS!

I don't know if anyone remembers my (slight) obsession with Light and Fit's seasonal flavor of Caramel Apple Pie in the fall, but the new seasonal flavor I found is TIRAMISU and it is SO GOOD. No obsession forming.

Highly recommend.

phibbmom
on 6/15/15 6:48 pm

Can't wait until they get it at my local Giant!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Kathyjs
on 6/15/15 7:53 am

This isn't a giving you hell question by any means . Can you eat string cheese , peach and sloppy joe at one sitting? 

AnnyBananny
on 6/15/15 7:58 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good question.

No.

The sloppy joe is homemade and a small serving (which I think is 2oz though I honestly forget because I made it and froze and put the stats in MFP like 2 months ago) - so I often eat the sloppy joe and string cheese and....something else - today it's a peach. It's a little peach, but I'll only eat part of it. Luckily, like many work places, mine is full of vultures so if I leave the extra slices out in the break area they'll be eaten right up. 

mamata2
on 6/15/15 5:54 am

I'm sorry AV, bug bites are the WORST!  Why are we so tasty??  It's not like we are full of sugar like we used to be (or at least I was, LOL).

I had a fantastic weekend.  I drove to Michigan to do the Tri Goddess Tri in Grass Lake.  I stayed on track eating the WHOLE weekend.  I took protein bars and jerky for the car.  I also took a cooler full of G2 and bottles of water.  I only stopped for Starbucks iced coffee once each day (thats REALLY good for me).  The race was great.  I made it through the swim with no issues and after my disqualification 3 weeks ago this was a blessing.  The bike ride was in a torrential down pour but it was kind of fun.  Then the run was a hot mess.  Most of it was on a trail through the woods, and it was a mud fest.  Up and down muddy hills, through giant mud puddles.  I thought I would never be dry again but I wouldn't change it for the world.  I have my confidence back and that is worth so much.  I know its not photo Friday but I can't wait ;)

Can't wait to do it again in 6 weeks :)

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: SF Latte and steel cut oats with dried cherries

S: Luna Protein Bar (the Chocolate Coconut Almond is awesome)

L: Sweet potato

S: Korean Pork Jerky

D: Chicken thigh

S: Does anyone make protein ice cream?  I'm craving ice cream!

W/V:  Started

E: REST DAY :)

Totals: Calories 900, Protein 59, Carbs 111, Fat 27

Capogirl
on 6/15/15 6:17 am

Congratulations Mamata2!  You should be extremely proud of yourself!  

Most Active