HYPERINSULINEMIC HYPOGLYCEMIA

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/15 7:27 pm

Has anyone else had to deal with this Problem....

elma
on 6/17/15 3:18 pm - Tremonton, UT

I lost my first 100 lbs. pretty much with no problems, the last 20-40 have been a little harder because my family history of hypoglycemia has reared its ugly head and because of my Gastric bypass I am Hyper Hypoglycemic. What this means is my blood sugars will drop rapidly from a normal range into the 30-40 range in minutes. I have had it as low as 14 in the middle of a glucose tolerance test (That scared the **** out of my doctor). When my weight is stable I don't have as many problems; it is when I lose a few lbs. that I start having problems. I know I have to eat some protein with every meal, I am 6 years out from my surgery and I still do not eat any pastas without at least 5 grams of fiber, brown rice only, no breads with yeast in them, and very little of any other kind. I can’t drink milk or eat any type of ice cream product because I will guarantee a low blood sugar if I do, besides the dumping before. I do not go anywhere without candy in my purse, Smarties are the best. There is nothing worse than getting a low in the middle of the grocery store or the mall. I carry a blood glucose tester with me and if I even think I might be getting a low while driving I pull over and test it. hope this helps

Diminishing Dawn
on 6/19/15 12:48 pm - Windsor, Canada

It's a shame that you deactivated.  Maybe you're still here? I can help you!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active