Fruits???

Chilipepper
on 6/14/15 9:37 am

If you eat the way you say you do, you WILL have issues later in life. You are 2 yrs out. You are NOT immune to regain by any means. Just an FYI from someone much much farther out than you.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

chulbert
on 6/15/15 7:18 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

None of us got fat because we couldn't put down the apples.

I'm really not sure how you think I eat.  Yes, I eat plenty of whole, fresh fruit, vegetables, and beans but breads, pastas, and rice are uncommon things for me.  I don't keep crackers, cookies, chips or any other junk food in the house.

Frankly I don't eat all that differently from the people around me who are naturally slim.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/14/15 11:11 am
That honeymoon period makes wls seem like magic.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Chilipepper
on 6/14/15 11:18 am

In addition, men tend to lose their weight easier, but you start adding pasta and fruits and other carb loaded foods. You WILL gain eventually. We didn't all start out morbidly obese, we have spent most of our lives obese. It's easier than you think to slip back into old habits. There are 0 guarantees and assuming you are out of the woods is wishful and foolish thinking. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Oxford Comma Hag
on 6/14/15 11:56 am

I completely heart you, Chili.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

chulbert
on 6/15/15 7:26 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

My "old habits" included two double cheeseburgers, two McChicken sandwiches, and a large fry from McDonald's.  Or a large buffalo chicken pizza with extra blue cheese that I would eat in one night.  Or a large Cake Batter & Shake milkshake for 1,320 calories from Cold Stone Creamery as a "snack".  Or a double order of fried mozzarella cheese sticks.

I'm pretty sure a pear as an evening snack isn't going to lead me back down that path.

Kathyjs
on 6/14/15 12:09 pm

I don't know how to check where you had surgery Chulbert but I had mine thru the Mayo Clinic in Rochester with Dr Tim Thompson. I read thru all your past posts and I agree with every single post. Whoever gave you the info you have told me the exact same thing. I was never told high protein. I never had to do shakes. I was told low sugar , low fat, protein is very important as is a natural healthy diet. That being said, do what your drs tell you. Just comparing his ways to mine

rocky513
on 6/14/15 5:39 pm - WI

I had my surgery at Mayo in Rochester with Dr Michael Sarr.  My dietician told me to eat high protein, low carb, limit fruits and don't worry about the fats.  

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

chulbert
on 6/15/15 7:45 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

The Mayo Clinic bariatric diet is available online:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/bariatric-surgery/in-depth/gastric-bypass-diet/art-20048472

• Focus on high-protein foods
  • Avoid foods that are high in fat and sugar

Given that they recommend fresh and canned fruits at several stages, we can reasonably conclude they are not forbidden.  It seems they have refined their position since you were a patient.

Kathyjs
on 6/14/15 11:38 am

I have a serving of fruit daily at 12 years ou****ermelon, however doesn't like me. Moderation is the key 

Most Active