New but always lurking!

Baerny
on 6/12/15 10:01 pm

Hello everyone, just wanted to say great site it has helped me immensely! Without it, I'm not sure where I would be. With that said, I had my surgery yesterday on the 11th, and I was able to go home early because I was doing so well.. Walking, no pain, all my fluids. My concern is, is that normal? I mean I feel like I can go out and run a marathon or something lol.. I'm not bragging, I just don't understand why its like this.. And I'm curious if anyone else had this? I even asked the doctor if he messed up and didn't give me surgery.. Anyways I'm not hungry at all, and I can't feel when my pouch is full i just know when to stop for the most part.. I just want to express my thanks again for everyone on this site, it has and will continue to help me with my journey... P.s sleeping seems to be my only problem.. Can't find any comfortable positions or pillow setups.. Any suggestions?

spatch
on 6/13/15 12:05 pm

I had my surgery May 7th and had it not been for the gas pains, I had no other pain. I asked my surgeon and he was honest enough to say that he didn't know. He said that had I had a gallbladder surgery which was a minor surgery compared to the RNY, I would be in much more pain. He said many patients reported that there was little or no pain. Certainly a great blessing!  I didn't have any trouble sleeping. You're right that this group of people are a great source of information. Good luck on your journey!

radze09
on 6/13/15 3:17 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Don't let this burst your balloon!! I felt awesome till I got home and a few hours after being home, I crashed! Had to take zofran, which did little to help. TMI....CAUTION.... I was sleeping and pooped the bed, diarrhea from there. All in told lasted about 4 hours. I have been fine since!! So I am very happy you are doing and feeling so well!! Hope you have nothing like I did, but be weary!! Good luck!!

Most Active