What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

mamata2
on 6/10/15 6:32 am

Good morning!  So this week is bike week in Wisconsin so I decided to bike to work this morning.  Not the entire 10 miles, instead I parked my car at a park a couple of miles from downtown and biked from there.  The honest reason I biked this morning... BRATCAKES!!  Its a brat wrapped in a pancake with syrup on it.  OMG!  So good.  I ate a small one with less than a teaspoon of syrup so I'm feeling ok about it. LOL.

Time sicne surgery: 11 months

B:  SF Latte and BRATAKE

S: Oat Fit Oatmeal

L: Thai Chicken Salad

S: Pork Jerky

D: Egg and turkey bacon

W/V: Started

E: 3 mile run at lunch

Have a great day all :)

Emiepie
on 6/10/15 7:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I was ready for Friday on Monday :) Awesome on the swimsuit,sounds perfect!

Time since surgery: 9 1/2 months

B: SF Latte, egg beater scramble with spinach, bacon and cheese some fruit (apple slices and blackberries)and 1/3 of a vanilla cinnamon wheat english muffin

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: P3 Turkey pack, string cheese 

S: L&F Greek Strawberry yogurt 

D: Flat out pizza and froyo

E: ½ hour stationary stepper

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1192 Protein: 85 Carbs: 116 Fat: 47

Hope everyone has a great one.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

phibbmom
on 6/10/15 10:34 am

I LOVE that flat out pizza!  My kids love it too.  We all do different toppings and I feel like I can do it without killing my plan.

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

AnnyBananny
on 6/10/15 10:48 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh man! I haven't done a Flat Out Pizza in AGES, but I might need to add some Flat Outs to my shopping list and put that back into the rotation - I used to eat them ALL THE TIME when I was like 6 months post op.

Thanks for the reminder of something delicious!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

lcraver
on 6/10/15 9:28 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Hello, all! I understand about the promotion thing... I put in for a promotion right before surgery, had to take the assessment for it a week after surgery, interviewed for the job on my 2nd day back to work after surgery and then started the job about 1 month after the interview (government job = slow process). I am now in training that is going to last until mid-July.  Work things like applying for the new job, getting the new job will turn your world topsy-turvy!!  I hope you get the job!!

Also, can I say, I am so jealous that you can find the Barber Farms chicken florentine.  I can only find the ones stuffed with broccoli and cheese, which are okay but not my favorite. But the florentine... I used to get a Fish Florentine from Lean Cuisine in the early 80s that was to die for. I want something florentine!!! LOL... maybe I should just buy some spinach and experiment!

Anyway, my menu today:

B1: Tea and truvia

B2: Roasted zucchini with evo (last of it... love this!)

L: Wendy's small chili (figured out how to get it in... but its 2 days old, hope it doesn't kill me)

S: 1 oz teriyaki beef jerky

D: 3 oz shrimp cooked with a little butter and teriyaki

S: Frozen strawberry vanilla protein shake

Totals:  Calories - 711, Protein - 75, Carbs - 55, Sugar - 27, Fat - 26

Vitamins/Water - Started, Exercise - walking

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 6/10/15 2:34 am, edited 6/10/15 2:35 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I love spinach, and am also lazy.  LOL 

I haven't made this Florentine recipe in a while, but it's super easy and delish.  The stats are on point, too!:

Baked Chicken Florentine

3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned and split
1/2 cup sliced green onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed

1. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese. Dip chicken breast halves in crumb mixture to coat lightly. Arrange in baking dish.

2. In a saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Blend in flour. Stir in milk all at once. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in spinach. Spoon spinach mixture over chicken and sprinkle with rest of crumb mixture.

3. Bake uncovered at 350º F for 40-45 minutes.

SERVES 6
Calories: 236
Total Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 32 g

stacyrg
on 6/10/15 9:58 am
VSG on 05/12/14

AV, the Chicken Florentine recipe sounds delish!  It will definitely go in my rotation, hopefully next week.  Also, you are welcome to bring yourself and your new tankini to my place for a swim as long as you don't mind sharing the pool with the neighbor kids and my siberian husky!  Good luck on the promotion!!  

Thanks again to all for welcoming me and letting me play along!  You guys are all so much fun and motivating!!

Here's today's plan:

B:  Leftover Chicken Kabob 

S:  SKinny Vanilla Latte

L: Roasted chicken and half of a Half Farmer's salad

S: Light & Fit Strawberry with PB2

D: up in the air.  Meeting friends for dinner for Mexican food so likely fajitas or the insides of carne asada tacos

TOTALS (Before Dinner) Cal. 566, Protein: 74g; Carbs: 33g; Fat: 10g

lcraver
on 6/10/15 10:00 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Another weekend recipe to try!!! Thanks! Will let you know how it turns out.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Capogirl
on 6/10/15 3:38 pm

Oh this sounds yummy!    I'm going to have to try it soon.

(deactivated member)
on 6/10/15 10:34 am

I am looking forward to Friday. It has been a sad week. But things are looking up.

B:Egg salad

S:Cheese stick

L:Tuna with a little bit of miracle whip

D:Steak and a tomato salad

Vitamins are in water is going down. Going to go for a nice walk it is beautiful out. Weed flower beds also. 

Have a great day. 

Most Active