What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

melissasue1982
on 6/10/15 11:26 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Dairy is the only thing I can eat that DOESN'T make me sick!  Without dairy I would never get my protein numbers!  They can pry it from my cold dead fingers! LOL 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

NYMom222
on 6/10/15 10:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Sorry about your baby... ugh, that stinks. Feel better all around :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

NinaCanDOit
on 6/10/15 5:34 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Good morning!  My first week off has been fabulously uneventful and I'm loving it. 

Yesterday was a mess for me as late lunch didn't really happen until almost 4pm and then I wasn't hungry all night.  I had about 1/4 of a steak and cheese sandwich (no bread) and some grilled veggies (and took the leftovers to my mom), so I didn't over-eat, but I was just really full.  I didn't really have dinner, but made myself eat a small piece of whole wheat bread toasted with cheese (port salut, yum!) so I wouldn't feel sluggish in the morning.  Though I still don't get hungry, I notice if I don't eat dinner or skip a meal/snack, I'll feel a little weak later on so I try to avoid that. 

b- Cappuccino soy protein coffee

s - beef jerky

l - greek yogurt 100 & deli meat

s - 1 oz cheese (habanero cheddar) & 1 serving chile plantain chips

d- Steak (seasoned/garlic olive oil) & grilled veggies

Best of luck on the promotion!

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Kathyjs
on 6/10/15 5:54 am

B. one egg scrambled with green onions from the garden topped with ultra thin colby jack cheese . No clue for rest of day. My egg is my must have

AnnyBananny
on 6/9/15 10:59 pm, edited 6/9/15 11:11 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

AV, that's so awesome that you applied for a promotion! I used to be able to talk myself out of things easily as well, but I notice I'm much more confident now. Sounds like you too!

Coral and navy sounds CUTE! When I was at Aqua Zumba last night I was thinking I need a new suit - mine is a 12 and nothing is hanging out or anything, but since I'm a 8 (sometimes a 6 when things are really lovely) now, it might be time to "down size." I'm going to go to Land's End's website right now.

My gym streak is continuing, but man am I getting tired. Finding time for the gym every single day is rough and I'm becoming even more of a believer in the need for rest days - not couch potato days though....

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: cofffffffeeeeeee, egg cups*, Chobani tube

S: L&F with sliced almonds

L: egg salad (made with light mayo) eaten with 34 Degrees crackers, string cheese, granola thin

S: turkey sticks, Babybel Light

D: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and cheese (which has been my plan for the last two nights and then I don't actually eat it, we'll see tonight...)

S: Trek Mix, popcorn, froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1391, Protein 110, Carbs 111, Fat 67

V/W: started

E: Les Mills RPM spin class out of the way

*Egg cup = muffin pan, sprayed with Pam, a slice or two of deli ham pushed into each cup, fill with egg (I use Eggbeaters), sprinkle of cheese, bake at 350 for...however long it takes for the egg to set up, I think usually about 20 minutes for me.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 6/10/15 6:16 am

What is this Trex mix of which you speak?

AnnyBananny
on 6/10/15 6:26 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It's a Trader Joe's thing! I buy the "Just a Handful" package that has the individually packaged servings. I constantly wrestle between the (small) additional cost and the (bigger) extra waste, but in the end...keeping my serving size in check wins out - for now at least. 

It's got nuts, seeds, and dried cranberries and I love it! 170 calories, 4 grams of protein, and 14 carbs - so it is a bit heavy on the carb side now that I'm thinking about it.

lcraver
on 6/10/15 9:53 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

I am going to try your egg cups. I have been meaning to try Eggface's, too.  I am assuming that you do regular size muffins, not the mini pan. Will make some up this weekend and hopefully, freeze them. Have you frozen them before?

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AnnyBananny
on 6/10/15 10:21 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I have not frozen these egg cups with the ham, I usually just make 6 or 8 at a time and eat two for my breakfast and they stay fine in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. The cups I mentioned today I use a regular sized pan for. Usually when I do the EggFace ones I've done them in mini muffin pans I think, but I can't quite remember. Really what I do is get flavor combo ideas and then just do whatever!

I have, however, frozen the egg bites from EggFace and they're fine. When I remember I take them out the night before I plan to eat them, but you can quickly defrost them in the microwave if you forget. 

Good luck, I love having egg for breakfast - though I heard a piece on NPR this morning about the egg shortage caused by the avian flu outbreak in the midwest, so I'm getting nervous!

AngryViking
on 6/10/15 10:29 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yes, my dozen eggs were almost $3 at Walmart last night!  I was like, 'what the hell?!"

Most Active