What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/10/15 5:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Hump Day!  Who's ready for the weekend already?  *raiseshand*  LOL  I'm feeling kind of all over the place today because I applied for a promotion here at work.  I never really considered myself "management" material", but my outgoing supervisor talked me into it and I just did it before I could talk myself out of it.  I can talk myself out of anything, so I'm glad I hit send.  I think. 

And, I ordered myself a bathing suit last night!  Land's End has tons of mix and match **** so I was able to get a cute tankini (with an underwire, thank God, because the girls need it) in coral and navy.  Yay!  Now I just to get me to a beach or pool or something.  I wish I had a pool in my backyard.  Who's got one?  Can I come over?  LOL

Time since surgery:  10 1/2 months

B:  coffee and a Click Mocha

S:  P3 pack;  turkey, cheddar and peanuts

L:  deli ham, cheese stick, HB eggs and a pickle.  Holy hell, do I need to go shopping

D:  Barber Farms chicken Florentine and steamed broccoli.  I hope.  Once again my boy has a baseball game so those nights are always a crapshoot. 

TOTALS:  Cals:  872  Protein:  85  Carbs:  33  Fat:  46

Have a great day!!

melissasue1982
on 6/10/15 5:18 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I am SO READY for the weekend!  It has been a crappy week.  Went back to work yesterday after my gallbladder surgery...BUT got a call from the babysitter, all i could hear was my 20 month old SCREAMING in the background, the sitter was crying...OMG  My heart stopped beating!  He burned his fingers horribly on her oven while she was making lunch for the kids.....UGH  So I had to bring him to the ER to get checked out.  We have to keep his hand fully wrapped up, because they are worried about infection.   DOUBLE UGH

Also, every time i eat anything that is remotely "solid" I feel horrible after, and it comes back up.  BLAH  Guess I will be on the soft foods for a while....maybe forever....(hahahaha I am so dramatic).  But seriously, I have heard of some people having really hard times after surgery with nausea and vomiting.....but I was hoping it wouldnt be me!  LOL

9 weeks since surgery

B: 3/4c skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax vanilla bean torte

L: 1c progresso light pot roast and veggie soup (I pureed it)

S: Dannon L&F greek yogurt

D: Probably some light cheese

S: String cheese

Totals: Cals: 491  Protein: 68  Carbs: 29  Fat: 13

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AnnyBananny
on 6/10/15 5:51 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh, sad face! Sorry to hear it's such a rough week! 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

christinerocks
on 6/10/15 5:59 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I've  been wrapped up at work but so happy to hear you are on the mend! Hoping for a better week for you.  Ugh!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

mamata2
on 6/10/15 6:12 am

I hope both you and your son feel better soon!  

Capogirl
on 6/10/15 6:52 am

Oh MelissaSue, I hope you and your little guy  are feeling better soon.  

Emiepie
on 6/10/15 7:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no! Not a call you want to get for sure! Hope he heals up quickly. And, hope your pouch gives you a break at some point. Hang in there.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lcraver
on 6/10/15 9:35 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So sorry about the baby... poor thing! Nothing worse than your kids hurting and you can't fix it. Hope you are able to keep it covered and infection free!

Hopefully, your nausea will pass soon. Just try to add solids slowly and just a couple of bites. I am one of the ones who deal with a lot of nausea and the pills that my doc gives me for it does help. I keep them with me all the time. And, if I get overfull (can happen to me on 2 oz.), I puke. And, it gets over with and I look at it as, oh well, hope that protein got sucked out before it came back up! LOL.

Just be mindful and let your doc know immediately if you feel weird.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

stacyrg
on 6/10/15 9:49 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Hope things start to look up for you soon!  You definitely need a break!

phibbmom
on 6/10/15 10:27 am

Sorry about your tough week.  Nothing will make your heart stop like a hurt baby.  I hope he heals up quickly.

Not that I know anything at all, but I see lots of dairy - my doc said that some people had an adverse reaction to dairy after surgery.  Have you tried cutting it out?  Good luck and I hope you find something that works!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active