I feel like a failure

VintageChick
on 6/13/15 1:49 pm

I had surgery a little over two years ago. Lost over 100 pounds, never got to goal but still very happy with the loss. I got complacent over the past 6 months and quit following the rules. Before I knew it, I gained about 15 pounds. Was highly upset with myself especially after surgery nearly killed me. 

Three weeks ago I decided to toss out all junk, stop the grazing habit I'd taken up, and eat protein and clean. Other than a shake now and then, I eat minimally processed foods, focus on healthy grass fed or free range protein meats and eggs first, and visit the local farmers market to get the fresh veggies we don't have in our own garden. Truly, shopping the perimeter of the  supermarket makes a difference, too.

Those 15 pounds are gone, and I'm still headed to the lowest I've been in my adult life. 

I had also quit visiting OH and other WLS sites. Since it and other forums are my sole support system, I find I need to stick with them to help me when my desire for food overtakes my common sense! 

Best of luck to you on making the necessary changes to get back on track. You've taken the first step to losing the 30 regained before it turned into 60, or 120...

You still have the pouch! Just get your head to make the right choices and you'll be losing agsin in no time! 

lap RNY 5-15-13

Weighting2Bskinny
on 6/14/15 5:46 am
Thank you so much, such an inspiration! I was planning on going to chuch and eating cake before the service but you know what? You've inspired me to make the first step, that is to follow my menu plan I made yesterday. And I'm going to the gym after church. I'm going to burn 400 calories and I'm going to eat from my plan for the entire day including through the night which I will not eat anything then. Thank you for pushing me forward.

GOD BLESS YOU            
Kidda G.
on 6/25/15 5:12 am

Find even one small change you can make today (decrease calories, more water, fewer carbs, or increased activity) & make it a habitso before you know it you'll be making better & healthier choices. Each week add another new change of you don't want to feel overwhelmed. This is not a race...we're in this for life!!! ...Visit here often for support even if just to lurk. You will see that you are not alone & you can do this! Stay healthy

Most Active