I feel like a failure

Weighting2Bskinny
on 6/12/15 10:35 am
I feel like a major failure. I had my surgery 3 years ago in April, I did lose 160 pounds but lately like in the past 6 months it has climbed up 30 pounds! I was at 210 and now at 240. Any suggestions? I need something like very strict guidelines to follow. I'm trying to cut back on carbs but not doing too well at that. I also need to exercise more. I've GOT to get back in this game. It is hard. Please help me with any suggestions on motivation and determination.

GOD BLESS YOU            
Kathyjs
on 6/12/15 10:54 am

You are so NOT a failure! You know what you are doing wrong and only you can correct it. You lost 160 pounds!!! You can lose this 30 the same way. Go buy yourself some perfume or have your hair fixed and get back on track . You can so do this,

Mary Gee
on 6/12/15 11:36 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I've been having problems lately.  Have to kill the carb monster.

I'm going shopping today.  I have written out a one week menu, complete - all meals/snacks included.  Menu is within all guidelines - less than 800 calories, less than 40 carbs, and at least 65 trams of protein.  I plan on this menu being my bible this week -- eat everything on it, not skip meals, do not eat anything not listed.  Also drink at least 64 oz. of water per day.  

I know I can do this, as I have done it before -- there's nothing stopping me but ME.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Weighting2Bskinny
on 6/13/15 10:53 am
Cranks! I'm going to make my menu plan right now!

GOD BLESS YOU            
Weighting2Bskinny
on 6/13/15 10:53 am
Hahaha I mean thanks!!

GOD BLESS YOU            
Mary Gee
on 6/12/15 12:04 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Patm
on 6/12/15 12:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Instead of thinking of yourself as a failure think of yourself as wise to know you need to change. How we think about ourselves can be self defeating.

So go back to program. Dense protein the veg. De-clutter the house of carbs. You may need to white knuckle it for a week but you can do this.

boxtop2006
on 6/12/15 12:27 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

First off I would like to congratulate you on your original 160 LBS lost! That is AWESOME!! Secondly I would like to say I am only 2.5-2.75 months out so I don't know much about the re-gain some folks go through, but I do know you are NOT a failure. I also know if you put your mind to it the same way you did when you originally had surgery, you CAN take the extra 30 LBS off. I would think if you just went back to the same mind set/basics, ate the appropriate food, 70 grams of protein, less sugar/fats/carbs, got out there and started exercising the weight WILL come off. I highly recommend using My Fitness Pal to keep track of everything you eat, this way there is no denying how many cal, sugars, fats, carbs and Proteins you are getting. Also, make sure you are consuming at least 64oz of water a day. You can do this! Good Luck and keep us posted!!! :)

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Laura in Texas
on 6/12/15 4:42 pm

But you have kept off 130 pounds. That is wonderful. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move forward from here. Make better choices and get back on track. Get out your measuring cups and food scale and track every bite. Maybe cut back to 1200 calories and see how you do with that. You may have to cut back more.

The mental part is definitely the hardest. Believe you are worth the effort. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

White Dove
on 6/12/15 8:40 pm - Warren, OH

Low carb, high protein, water and exercise are all great for your overall health, but the only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn.  Start counting calories and start weighing yourself.  Track your calories for a week and see if you are down at least a pound.  If not then you need less calories.

Get off a pound a week and in 30 weeks you will be  back to 210.  Keep it up if you want to lose more.

All of Laura's suggestions are perfect, My Fitness Pal, food scale, and awareness will get you to where you want to be.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active