Surgeon Appointment Upcoming

Jaime M.
on 6/10/15 8:51 pm
RNY on 08/31/15

So my pre-op appointment with the surgeon is happening on 6/25/15 and I am excited we are finally here!  I met insurance requirements in May, so that approval went through.  This appointment is just to go over my test results, get recommendations for presurgical, and hopefully get surgery schedule and preauthorization process going.  I am very excited and beyond happy to start this journey. 

On another note, did any of you personally seek therapy before/after sugery to help deal with your issues around food/eating?  How did you pick/find a person that worked for you?

Thanks everyone!

Lily2
on 6/11/15 10:14 am

I started seeing a Therapist with a specialty in over weight and obese patients.  I started about 2 months before surgery to establish a Dr./PT relationship and prepare me for what lies ahead.  I am now 2 weeks post op and my plan is to continue therapy until I have a better understanding of my food issues.  I am a firm believer in setting your ducks up in a row before surgery so you have a good support team around you post op.  Good luck!

Most Active