Multivitamins in patch by PatchMD

Lily2
on 6/10/15 4:44 am

I think your right.  I need to get everything in lone and stablized first.  Thanks for the input!

Jeppa
on 6/10/15 4:00 am
Revision on 06/02/15

I'm only 1 week post op, so I'm going to stick with the oral vitamins, but I know me - and I know I will grow weary of that after a long period of time...I'm going to follow this thread to see how things go!  The patch might be something I will look into later in my journey.

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

Lily2
on 6/10/15 4:46 am

Yes, me too. Today Im two weeks post op but down the line they may come in handy.  And will give it more time for other ppl to use them and see their results

crazy4birds
on 6/14/15 12:08 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I ordered a 3 month supply. How quickly do they expire? I didn't want to order too much but with the coupon it was a good deal.  I just went for my six month check and my labs were good for a second time.  My vit b12 level is actually still over.  Told the dr that I keep forgetting to take my calcium.  I usually take 2 centrums daily then b12 and iron once or twice a week.  Do you still take the b12 and iron with the patch?  I saw that you still need to supplement the calcium.  thanks Denise

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Mcconnl3
on 7/18/15 5:56 am
VSG on 09/15/14

I just started these 2 days ago and I'm hopeful that they work.  I put one on at night before bed and remove it in the morning before showering.  Taking oral vitamins and the nausea they cause has been the worst part of having the surgery for me.  I'm due for blood work in August, so I guess that's enough time to see if they work. 

Grim_Traveller
on 7/18/15 6:56 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I just wanted to post a caveat concerning vitamins. No one should ever get complacent with vitamins. If your levels are good now, they may be off next year. You will almost certainly have to adjust 2 or 3 years down the line. Our bodies constantly change, and don't ever think you've got it locked down.

Get COMPLETE labs once a year. Testing for everything is 14 or 15 vials of blood. Most docs don't check a lot of things because they think deficiencies are rare. Not with us. Insist.

Keep track of your own labs. Get the printouts. Start a spreadsheet. Trends matter. Iron, B12 or D3 ok today? If they've been falling steadily for the past three checkups, you'll end up in trouble. Maybe big, permanent trouble. Adjust now. Never, never accept a phone call that says "everything is ok, everything is in range." That's just lazy. You deserve better, but you'll need to do it yourself.

All of this takes 5 or 10 minutes, once or twice a year. It's a pretty small investment in time to make certain of your long term health.

Vitamins remind me of the guy who went to the bank and withdrew $1,000 in ten dollar bills. He started counting in front of the teller. When he got to $500 he stopped, and put the money in his pocket. "Aren't you going to finish counting?" the teller asked. "The first half was right, so I'm sure the second half will be too."

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

cspotrun
on 7/18/15 7:30 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks for this and to the rest of the folks who provided links.  I just ordered some myself.  My plan is to use the patch on busy days when it's a pain to take all my vites (like this week I was camping and it would've been helpful) and then do my regular routine when it's a normal day at the office.  That way I don't lose the habit of taking something every few hours.  This should be a really nice option!  Hopefully the data proves to be positive over time.

Karen   

Smile_and_nod
on 12/18/15 9:42 pm
VSG on 01/18/16

Just out of curiosity but has anyone experienced any type of rash or dermatitis from the patches? I would really like to order them but, I already know I am allergic to a lot of medical adhesives and get a contact dermatitis/eczema from them. 

butterfly1217
on 4/12/16 8:00 am
RNY on 05/04/15

How are your blood results and are you still on the patch?  Thanks

mrsfloflo
on 7/21/16 7:00 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

Not sure if anyone will get this question since the thread is from a year ago, but just came across the patches and wanted to ask a couple of questions...

I see that positive feedback on the multi-vitamin... any thoughts on iron? I constantly get blood work that shows my iron is slightly low. Also, I wanted to ask about theGarcinia Cambogia Topical one and see if anyone tried that. I have tried the pills and find that they are effective but wanted to know about the patch. And the Sleep Starter?

Also, can you wear more than one at a time?

Thank you!! :-)

"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Most Active