Multivitamins in patch by PatchMD

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/9/15 4:50 pm - OH
scorpio01
on 6/8/15 7:04 pm - Cincinnati, KY
RNY on 06/19/15

Are you taking any additional vitamins (Calcium Citrate, B12) in addition to the patch? 

Sarahakers11
on 6/8/15 7:47 pm - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Not right now as it has everything I was taking included. 

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/9/15 5:02 pm - OH

You might want to take additonal calcium since it includes only 1500mg (some surgeons recommend 1800-2000mg), and many people will need additional Vit D, but it really depends on what your levels are now, how well you absorb the vitamins from the patch, and what your levels are after switching over.

Personally, I have been taking additional calcium and additional Vit D because the levels in the patch aren't as high as what I was taking before.  I have no idea whether I am absorbing more of the vitamins from the patch than I was absorbing from the oral vitamins with the bypassed intestine, but I figured I would rather be safe than sorry, so until I have labs next month (I will have been on the vitamins 3.5 months by then) I am opting to err on the side of caution and risk labs that might be too high.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sarahakers11
on 6/10/15 3:49 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Thanks Great advice. You are correct it is slightly less calcium then I was taking.  My vitamin d is ok but not as great as I'd like but its going back up now that we are in spring/summer. I tend to double my dosage in the winter since I am not outdoor as much.  Please let us know how your labs go!

Thanks so much

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

nicupnorth
on 6/8/15 10:38 pm - Eagle river, WI

I found them on Amazon same price and if your a Prime member like I am free two day shipping!  The only thing I see are some complaints about them not sticking, have you had that issue? 

Sarahakers11
on 6/9/15 8:50 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I have not had any issues with them sticking. Even if I went running and was sweating!  If anything I have had one or two that didn't want to come off LOL

The Depressed Hiker Blog

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/9/15 4:53 pm - OH

The only one I had that didn't stick well was completely MY fault, as I had just applied some moisturizing lotion.  I am on my third month of them and that is the only one that didn't stick firmly. As previously mentioned, I had a couple (that I put on my tummy on days when I wwore sleeveless shirts) that didn't want to come off!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lily2
on 6/9/15 7:52 pm

Was wondering if a newbie could use these.  Im 2 weeks out from RNY and these patches sound wonderful. Are they complete as in multi, Iron, B12 and calcium?  If so I will definately look into them.

Sarahakers11
on 6/10/15 3:56 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I would talk to your surgeon.  There is not a lot of data I can find. I am only okay with it cause I am two years out and I know my labs are good right now and that I will have another blood draw in 3 months.  I also have gotten pretty good at knowing when I don't feel quite right and if maybe something needs to be adjusted.  I would be worried at so close to surgery. 

The Depressed Hiker Blog

Most Active