New here

Janak47
on 6/8/15 11:22 am - SOUTH CHESTERFIELD, VA

I am new here.  A friend directed me to this website. 

I am 43 years old and work as an Admin Assistant for a utility company. I live in VA.

I had my RNY on 5/6/2015.  I am currently down 34 lbs.  I am back to work full time. I am on the 2nd stage of my surgeon's soft food diet.  I go back to the Dr. on 6/18 when I will be released to start adding things to my diet one at a time to see what I tolerate.

I think I have done well.  I have not dumped at all yet.  I have gotten sick one time from eating some ground turkey sausage. 

I am still working on eating slowly and chewing well.  I have had food get stuck a couple of times because I was not chewing well and that HURTS and is miserable until it works itself out.

I started going to the gym last week and went 4 days.  I have my gym bag packed and plan on going back this afternoon.

I am excited about this journey and really looking forward to getting healthy. 

Just wanted to say hello!

Jana (RNY date 5/6/2015 - HW: 267 SW:257 CW: 233 GW:145)

cspotrun
on 6/8/15 6:37 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

sounds like you're doing great!  Keep it up and welcome!

Karen   

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/8/15 7:06 pm - OH

Welcome!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

karenp8
on 6/9/15 9:19 am - Brighton, IL

Glad to have you join us. It is a wild ride for sure! I didn't realize how much my weight had impacted my life until the extra weight was gone. I had my surgery about 3 years ago and have lost 150 pounds from my highest weight and been this size for over two years. I love how much more energy and enthusiasm I have now! Welcome!

DoryAnne2
on 6/10/15 7:32 am
RNY on 04/01/13

Welcome!  I had my RNY a little over 2 years ago, reached goal, and am maintaining for over a year.  I come to this site occasionally and usually find helpful advice/sharing.  Good luck with your journey.  Only someone else who has been morbidly obese and fighting this their entire lives can appreciate what a God-send this surgery is.

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

Most Active