Giving Mason Jar Salads a whirl today

SkinnyScientist
on 6/8/15 11:48 pm

I used smaller jars. The salad definitely chewed down and I found myself hungry about 3 hours later (instead of the surgeon recommended 5).

It was pretty meat forward too.  

Depending on how things chew down, I WOULD make it in a larger jar and divide it over time, or to have a snack on hand.

Lettuce...now I remember why it doesnt work with my new lifestyle.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

rocky513
on 6/11/15 4:08 pm - WI
On June 8, 2015 at 12:41 AM Pacific Time, SkinnyScientist wrote:

So Groomy and I had some left over hard boiled eggs (from my skating trip) and cubed ham (from a quiche for him) left over. Since this is my group lesson night for skating, finding time for a quick healthier dinner takes some work the night before. 

I decided today it going to mason jar salads.

First-to the original author of the salad article- THANK YOU. Some have knocked the quantities/size of the ingredients listed for each salad. All I can say is: I think most of us are smart enough to figure out that we can reduce the amount of ingredients and jar size to accomodate our pouches.  I just want to acknowledge that the original author has done MORE (in terms of posting a recipe to keep it "fresh" while helping others in the "salad eating" catagory) than her critics.  Original author- thank you for your post!

Anyway, I packaged 3 salads. My salads from the bottom up are light balasamic vinegar dressing, capers (never met a caper I didnt like), left over cucumber coins, diced hard boiled egg, cubed ham, shredded gruyere cheese (it was left over), and lettuce.

The mason jar makes it so cute!

for posterity

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Most Active