What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

robinreinhardt
on 6/9/15 9:55 am

Funny because I had a problem snacking after dinner as well. Damn I hate it when that happens. Thanks for the post angry viking.

Robin

mschwab
on 6/9/15 10:07 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning!  What a great way to celebrate all of those small victories that mean so much to us.  Thanks for the topic AV.  I've had a couple of NSVs lately.  The first is I bought an Ann Taylor skirt a while back in a much smaller size.  I've periodically tried it on - getting there but too small.  Last week I tried it on again and still too small.  This week I tried it on and not only does it fit, but it is a little loose.  The crazy part is that the scale stayed the same, which goes to show that you can't measure success solely by the number on the scale.

Also, I am going to Las Vegas for a quickie vaycay this weekend.  I rented a cabana at the Encore for the day on Saturday, so I needed to go swim suit shopping.  The very idea filled me with dread.  I went to this cute shop that sells only suits and cover ups - a shop I would never have had the confidence to walk through the door prior to surgery.  I was so happy with the selection I had, and picked up a couple of super cute suits, a cover up and a sun dress.  My swim suit phobia is officially over!

Time Since Surgery:  Almost 7 months

B:  BBQ chicken salad

S:  Blackberry Pie Greek 100 yogurt

L:  Boneless, skinless chicken thigh

S:  Raspberries

D:  Grilled asparagus omlette

S:  Black forest ham roll ups with Laughing Cow wedge

V/W:  In process

E:  Zumba!

Totals:  Calories 730. Carbs 36, Fat 30, Protein 73, Sugar 18

Be careful out there!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

khunton
on 6/9/15 1:50 pm

It's been a while back but at one point I saw some posted a buffalo chicken salad recipe and I was wondering if anyone had it?

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 7:11 am, edited 6/9/15 7:27 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That was meeeee!

1 can chunk chicken breast

1 sm. container plain Greek yogurt

2.5 oz bleu cheese crumbles (1/2 of one of those deli containers like Treasure Cave)

1/2 c. packet Ranch dressing mix

Franks Red Hot to taste, I use probably a good 5 or 6 shakes

chopped celery/onion

S&P to taste

One of my absolute favorites!

ETA:  the hot sauce.  Derp.

khunton
on 6/9/15 2:18 pm

Thank you so much! Hopefully it will solve my flavor craving beside plain grilled chicken. 

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 2:26 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, I am laughing so hard.  I left out the hot sauce.  Not exactly "Buffalo", is it?  LMAO

khunton
on 6/9/15 2:54 pm

haha I went to write down the recipe in my book and was thinking hmmm lol

Lily2
on 6/9/15 1:15 pm

Mind if I ask what a P3pack is??

AngryViking
on 6/10/15 4:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

So good!  Oscar Meyer makes them; they're little snack packs with ham, turkey or chicken, some nuts and cheese cubes.  They're around 180 calories with 12-14 gms of protein.

NYMom222
on 6/9/15 9:05 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Even though it is almost midnight... I've been in a funk and need to focus on the positive. I have been on a snack-a-thon and having trouble breaking it. That being said I want a pair of jean capris - and being tall 5'11" that is not always easy as the end of the pant can fall in all the wrong places... that being said I spied a pair of size 14 petite bootcut jeans on the clearance rack... and decided they would make good capris for me, and they do, just need to cuff them, doesn't even need a hem. Hahaha.... NSV I started a martial arts class/self defense called Krav Maga. Originally developed for the Israeli Army. M-W-F. Who would've thunk?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active