What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Dodgergirl27
on 6/9/15 8:52 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All!

Great topic this morning AV, I think it's always good to remind ourselves of the good things along the way, b/c I think we are all pretty hard on ourselves when we have the inevitable slip up here and there.  My latest NSV was walking to a Dr's apt about a mile away from my house.  IT was a super easy walk, but honestly a year ago it wouldn't have even occurred to me to walk much less actually do it.  Little things like that pop up almost every day and they make me so happy!

Time since surgery: 16 months

B - Fiber gourmet crackers (I need to go grocery shopping bad, so this is a weird menu today)

L - Insides from the leftovers of grilled fish tacos (god I hope this taste okay the next day :)

D - I'm going to Dodger game with some clients, so who knows, I'm hoping to kind of not eat there and just have a protein bar...but this is a "blind" meeting as I've never met these customers, and I have no idea how gregarious or insistant they may be regarding dinner.  Fingers crossed

W/V - On track

E - lots of walking around the stadium hopefully

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

stacyrg
on 6/9/15 9:46 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I was in the same situation at Dodger Stadium a few weeks ago.  I didn't want to eat, but it became evident that that would be easier said than done.  I compromised with the insides of carne asada tacos. They were really good and it seemed like a good compromise.  Have fun at the game and Go Dodgers!!

Dodgergirl27
on 6/10/15 10:37 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Thanks for the insight...luckily I was able to just get a water and no one seemed to mind :)  But I'll keep an eye out for the carne asada next time!  I used to love Dodger Dogs, but hot dogs scare me post op and I don't want to have to run to the bathroom with clients, lol!  So I'll be keeping the tacos in mind since I tend to go to 3- 4 work related games a year.  And yes, Go Dodgers!  Luckily the won last night :)

Capogirl
on 6/9/15 9:43 am

Good afternoon! 

So many great NSV's everyone.  Glad you are doing better MelissaSue, hope you can manage to eat some more.

My latest NSV is that even the new clothes I bought are all too big.  It's not good for my wallet though.

QUESTION:  Are we allowed to take Tylenol PM?   I am seriously sleep deprived, only averaging about 3 hours a night lately.  I was talking to my Dr. last night because the hernia is giving me lots of trouble and I forgot to ask her.  

Today's menu

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Leftover chili from last night's dinner

D:  Hamsteak and green beans

S:  Babybel light

mamata2
on 6/9/15 9:53 am

In my experience we are allowed to have tylenol PM.  I take sleep aids every once in a while b/c my PCP was going to prescribe ambien and I said "NO WAY".  I do some pretty wierd stuff on Ambien...

stacyrg
on 6/9/15 9:57 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Love the topic today.  I'm 6 lbs from goal and each pound is harder to come by.  Being at the exact same weight for weeks can be kind of demoralizing so I need to remind myself to focus on the NSVs and be thankful for how far I've come.  Things have been pretty stable for a while, so I guess the most recent NSV and, truthfully the one I'm most proud of, is that I ran a half marathon last month, lived to tell the tale and am actually training for another one in November.  A year ago it never would have occurred to me that I could accomplish something like that!

Today's menu:

B: left over grilled tenderloin

S: Light and Fit strawberry with PB2

L: Salmon sashimi and edamame

D: TBD, I have a graduation dinner to go to and don't know what will be available

Totals: Protein - 63g (without dinner); Carbs - 12g; Fat - 15g

Corrie33
on 6/9/15 9:51 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Good morning from the West Coast!  We are getting the remnants of hurricane Blanca here in San Diego and it's humid, hot and damp out already.  

My most recent NSV was just yesterday.  I've lived in the same place for more than 30 years, and I know all the neighbors but have remained distant from them due to spending my life 'hiding' my giant bulk inside the house so no one can see me.  I'm sure they don't understand and probably think I'm just unsocial, which is okay.  But I've been going outside a little more often, even dared to water the front yard on a weekend - wow!  My neighbors are a group that I've chosen NOT to tell about my surgery - again, we're only acquaintances and I've been hiding from them for years, they've seen me thin, fat and hugely obese and I've been embarrassed to interact with them, even though they are mostly a very nice and fun crowd.  

Well, yesterday I was approached once in the morning, and again in the evening (coming to and from work) by two separate neighbors who were very shocked at my weight loss and very complimentary.  Usually it's just a simple wave and I speed off.  It felt really good to be noticed in a positive way for the first time in ages.  And how about this - my next door neighbors are getting married in 2 weeks, and I'll be there with bells on!  The old me would've had a dozen excuses ready - and they would've expected me not to attend.  But I'm going!  Gotta find a great new dress, and then I'm gonna throw myself into the crowd, and for the first time in years... be proud.  Proud of me.  What a concept, eh?

(Thanks for letting me share that.)

Menu:  4 Months since RNY

B - Chocolate Premier Protein Shake with 5 oz Unsweetened Cashew Milk, 2 tbls Calorie-Free Caramel Syrup and two drops of Peppermint Extract

L - 1/3 cup of Progresso Light Lentil Soup mixed with 1/3 cup of FF Refried Beans and fresh chopped onions

S - Snapple and Babybel Cheese

D - 2 oz Baked Turkey Breast Meat

Calories 550, Protein 64, Carbs 45

E - 30 minute walk on my lunch hour

V/W - started

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 10:04 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's a fantastic NSV!  Yay for you!! 

mschwab
on 6/9/15 10:09 am
RNY on 11/21/14

That is an amazing NSV.  I feeling pretty proud of you right now.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

karenp8
on 6/9/15 11:30 am - Brighton, IL

What a great NSV! Congratulations!!

Most Active