What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

lcraver
on 6/9/15 7:59 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

France! France!! France!!! Just keep saying that. You'll get everything done, you have the energy now. By the way, 10,000 steps by 9:30 AM.... I am working on 10,000 per day! You are my hero!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Emiepie
on 6/9/15 7:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

O-M-G AV, you are taking the words right out of my mouth! Last night when I got home from hula hoop class I was starving and ate snacks too but thanks for reminding to celebrate the good stuff and not hold the guilt for too long. My most recent NSV would be roller skating, had a blast and can't wait to do it again. Love that you are celebrating the small!

Time since surgery: 9 1/2 months

B: SF latte, egg beater scramble with spinach and cheese, and some berries (black/blue)

S: Cranberry thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: P3 Chicken pack and string cheese

S: L&F Greek Strawberry yogurt and a tad pumpkin flax granola

D: Grilled steak salad and froyo

E: 1 hour Cardio

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1119 Protein: 91 Carbs: 97 Fat: 40

Happy day to all!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 7:21 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oooh, roller skating!  I used to love roller skating back in the day!  Do you have your own or did you go to a rink or something?

Emiepie
on 6/9/15 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Well, long story short we found a pair of skates at a thrift store a few weeks ago (a brand new professional pair) for 2.65! They are slightly big for my daughter so she wears them with thick boot socks (but fit me so I got to wear them at the rink) she had been practicing on our back patio and then she had a field trip to the rink last week. This past weekend she asked to take a friend and so we did. I used to skate competitively from ages 7-10 (picture like ice skating but on roller skates or quads as they are now called) but hadn't been on the rink since then... it was a blast! I am saving a pic for photo Friday :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

khunton
on 6/9/15 7:24 am

Newest no scale victory... Being able to be on my feet all day and not have my feet dying!! However I must also brag a little about my newest scale history as well. This morning when I weighed I saw that I was down 60pounds!! This is the most weight I've ever lost. Between all my weigh****chers and advocate and whatever diet I tried before I've only been able to lose 15 maybe 20 pounds. It's a pretty good indescribable feeling I'm experiencing this morning. Every day I remember just how blessed I was to receive this surgery. It truly is life changing already and I'm only 2 1/2 months out. 

B: chocolate premier protein

L: turkey and cheese roll up

D: undecided, kitchen is pretty bare and I need to make a trip to the grocery store. Any ideas? 

S: 100 cal Greek yogurt, string cheese 

Emiepie
on 6/9/15 7:31 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I can eat steak everyday! Not sure if you can eat that yet with your plan.

NinaCanDOit
on 6/9/15 7:36 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Good morning all!

B - Nectar Cappuccino soy protein shake & HEB banana pudding greek 100 yogurt

L - tbd (out to eat with family coming in from out of town)

S - tbd

D - Grilled cod with lime olive oil/spices & veggies

vitamins am/pm, water, sf decaf cherry arnold palmers, iced/hot decaf coffee (stevia)

I'm having a late lunch with family coming in from out of town, so its one of those days I'll have to balance it out as I go (so no extra almonds in my yogurt this morning).   I always have snacks with me in case things get thrown off (currently 1oz beef jerky and 1oz pistachios). 

Some recent NSVs - sale shopping at old navy this weekend I got a medium (omg!) jacket and light hoodie. While trying things on there and looking in the big mirrors, I realized that my apple/pear shaped body is quickly turning into an hourglass shape, a wobbly hourglass. ohy

Also I was driving my mom's suv yesterday and I had a bit of a mental freak out.  We are all tall, so the seat is pretty far back and it stays that way, no one ever moves it.  When I would drive it before my tummy would touch the steering wheel.  Now there is so much room it's funny. 

The seat belt extender thing made me think of something that happened yesterday.  I was waiting in a doctors office for my mom and we had sat down together on a loveseat couch, instead of the wood framed stiff arm chairs throughout the office (she's disabled, she wanted to be comfortable).  When she got called in I just stayed there on the sofa reading.  45 minutes later I notice a well dressed, tall, large, young woman walk past me and sit in the chair next to the sofa.  I felt like an a-hole when she sat down and didn't really fit.  Only then did I realize that the sofas were all taken and there was no alternative to the wood armed chairs.  As someone who was once very sensitive to the subject of not fitting in doctors office chairs I should have known better and moved.  I wanted to move immediately and give her the sofa but I was torn because I didn't want it come off as rude or put her on the spot.  The last thing I would have wanted in a situation like that was more attention.  Luckily, as I was turning this all over in my head my mom came out. I got up to meet her and as we were leaving I noticed that she got the sofa.  Lesson learned.

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Tar_Heel
on 6/9/15 7:50 am

Hello, I'm Jim and have signed up after LURKING since before my surgery (some dates/details in sig line).

I've had some success with RNY due in no small part to this site and this thread. Didn't want to continue to be a taker only, so I'll try and start contributing.

So here we go.

NSV, back to my size in the EARLY 90's, but there are LOTS more.

B - Shake - been doing them since well before pre-op, a habit I'm pretty OK with

S - Dannon L&F Greek Blueberry

L - CRAP SHOOT, team meeting, likely scraping pizza toppings off

S - Few cooking almonds from Costco, no salt, just yummy almond goodness

D - Chili Tilapia & veg. Sprinkle FROZEN fillets with chili powder and cook on Foreman grill...better than it likely sounds

S - Fresh peach

H20 & Vits according to plan.

Surgery (RNY) @ Duke Hospital Durham, NC 10/2/2014 (BOO Duke, GO HEELS!) The irony of that does not escape me!

High Weight: 370, Surgery (10/2/2014) Weight: 345, 6/2015: 215, Primary Physician goal = 188, we'll see, but I have no hard goal, just eat well, exercise hard and find the balance.

lcraver
on 6/9/15 8:08 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Welcome, Jim. 

I am in NC, too. Had my surgery at Cary WakeMed. This thread keeps me on track and accountable. And, gives me great ideas for meals. And, your chili talapia sounds good! I get my talapia filets from Wal-Mart, cook them frozen in a RangeMate (microwave cooker) with Old Bay seasoning and what not. Now, I am going to add chili to the mix.  LOL

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 8:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay, welcome!

Most Active