What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 5:19 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning! Ugh, I must confess I went off the rails last night with snacking.  I'm usually pretty good in the evenings and don't typically eat anything after dinner.  Last night I was a crazy person; if anyone saw me I probably looked like a walker.  LOL  And for the love of God, I need to get that popcorn out of my house.  I should've given the rest of the box to Matt to take to work. 

So, I'm dusting myself off this morning and reporting a NSV to get me motivated.  Today, I am wearing a size medium shirt and a size small pants.  That's right:  small.  To be honest, they are drawstring beachcomber-type pants, but still...that tag says SM dammit!  LOL

Here's my question of the day:  what is your most recent NSV?  Let's celebrate the good stuff!

Time since surgery:  10+ months

B:  coffee and a Click mocha

S:  P3 pack that I didn't eat yesterday

L:  ham/Greek yogurt cream cheese/pickle rollups and a cheese stick

D:  grilled burger w/slice of velveeta and some tzatziki on the side

TOTALS:  Cals:  797  Protein:  76  Carbs:  34  Fat:  39

Have a great day!!

mamata2
on 6/9/15 5:35 am

Good morning all!  It's like you read my mind AV, I was going to post my new NSV this morning too ;)  Yesterday, I typed in my BMI information and I am NORMAL WEIGHT!!!  WTF?  How can that be?  Granted I am a 24.9 but still!  I never in a million years would consider myself "normal" but still it made me so excited.  Also, it does not matter what type of pants they are you can rock a size SMALL!!  Way to go!

Also, I went to my surgical support group for the first time in ages last night.  It made me realize I need to go more.  Not only does it keep me in check but I am now a valuable resource for those awaiting surgery.  One vet (about 8 yrs out) told everyone that if you eat more than 6g of sugar "YOU WILL BE SICK for hours."  I don't dump and I made sure to tell everyone not to depend on dumping.  Willpower is still required for many post-op.  It made me feel like I had given back (at least a bit). LOL.

Time since surgery: 11 months

B: SF Latte and Oat Fit Oatmeal

S: Pork Jerky

L: TJ's chicken strips, shredded cheese and a Carb Conscious Tortilla

S: Iced coffee with cream

D: Omelet with turkey bacon

Post workout: EAS Carb Control Shake

W/V: Started

E: 15 mile bike ride

Totals: Calories 844, Protein 94, Carbs 57, Fat 29

Have a great day all!

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 5:39 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay for you!!  You have TWO NSVs right there, girl!  That's so great you were able to give back and be that resource pre-ops and newbies need.  And normal BMI is freaking amazing!  *highfive*

Emiepie
on 6/9/15 7:10 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You go!! That's so awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

AnnyBananny
on 6/9/15 5:46 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Most recent NSV? This probably won't come as a shock to anyone, but the further I get from surgery the harder it is for me to focus on those NSVs and I'm glad you asked this question today - I needed a reminder of all I've accomplished - SVs and NSVs a like. Recently I've bought size SMALL shirts and skirts and I did squat jumps without stopping. 

But I think I'll go back to some of my old posts and look at my NSVs to grab some motivation today - I need it!

Time since surgery: 15 months

B: yogurt tube, breakfast sandwich, coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

S: I was supposed to have L&F with almonds but I forgot the yogurt in the fridge so I grabbed a cottage cheese double at Wawa when I stopped for coffee - a swap that is perfectly acceptable, glad I realized early I forgot the yogurt!

L: in an effort to eat more dense protein instead of yogurt and cottage cheese ALL THE TIME I'm having turkey sloppy job, a string cheese, and a granola thin

S: turkey sticks and a babybel light

D: either tacos (insides only) at my sister's if I decide to stop being mad at her, or TJ's turkey meatballs that I didn't eat last night because my meeting ran late and I had to have my emergency protein bar from my purse!

S: popcorn and froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1179, Protein 91, Carbs 114, Fat 45

V/W: started

E: either Aqua Zumba or BodyPump tonight, can't decide which!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Emiepie
on 6/9/15 7:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Squat jumps are brutal for me, and my enemy are frog jumps!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

phibbmom
on 6/8/15 11:00 pm, edited 6/8/15 11:00 pm

Good morning all!  I had a little issue last night with snackpea crisps (by issue I mean I ate a whole serving).  Sometimes when everyone else is snacking, I feel my old out of control self in there fighting to come out.  I am thinking it is a back to basics day today.  Protein and veggies!  I have been trying a little too much lately.

My NSV is trying golf for the first time.  My husband and I are taking lessons and we are going to try to take up golf together instead of our old going out to eat together habit.  I am really excited to try!

Time since surgery:  8 mos

B:  2 eggs scrambled

L:  2.5 - 3 oz turkey, spinach, cheese stick

S:  Light & Fit yogurt

D:  4 turkey meatballs, broccoli

TOTALS:  Cals: 749   Protein: 70 Carbs:  21

E:  1/2 hour elliptical, 1/2 hour bike, weight lifting

Vitamins:  started

Water:  started

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

lcraver
on 6/9/15 6:13 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Congrats on the size small... woo hoo!! I am racking my brain for a NSV; I have been pretty stoked by the scale going down but haven't had anything off the scale lately. I do have an accomplishment of sorts: while I was doing my menu in MFP, I was trying to figure out a way to work in the Wendy's chili that I bought on the way home last night (I ate one small chili last night instead of my talapia and got another one for today). So, as I am doing my menu, I add the chili and I think, what the hey, I will add 1/2 sour cream and chives baked potato that I also bought for my husband and he didn't eat. So, I add it.... my eyes bugged out when I saw the carb count. And, I thought to myself, "whaddya doing??", so I redid my menu, took off the chili and potato and will eat moderately well... that is an accomplishment for me!!! Before surgery, if I wanted it, I ate it. Now, not so much... it is not worth it. So, yes, I count this as a NSV.

My menu:

B1: Tea with SugarLeaf

B2:  Apple Pie greek yogurt... 100 calories.

L: homemade meatballs with a little spaghetti sauce

D: more meatballs with sauce, roasted zucchini with a drizzle of evo

S:  protein hot chocolate

Totals: Calories - 805, Protein - 75, Carbs - 50 (still not great), Sugar - 25, Fat - 38

Have a great day!!!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 6:27 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That totally counts!  I love MFP for just that reason; you get to look at your menu and make any changes to it before you even take a bite!

Berryhoosier
on 6/9/15 6:30 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I flew Saturday next to a woman who had to ask for a seat belt extension. I was full of compassion for her, but I was also joyful for myself.

B: 1/2 banana w peanut butter and light and fit greek

S: Special K protein cereal

l: deli ham and cheese, 4 saltines, grapes

s: crispy chickpeas

d: undecided, maybe gyro meat

s: hummus and peppers 

Most Active