After being sick do you need to ease back into eating RNY "normal"?

mute
on 6/8/15 11:26 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I was sick with a sinus infection this past week and ate very little. I woke up today and felt much better, had my normal protein shake for breakfast and for lunch I had what was normal before I felt sick last week - deli chicken with ultra thin slice of provolone cheese. I ate one roll up like that and an hour and a half later I still feel like I'm going to throw up. Normally I have 3 for lunch. 

Do I need to ease back into an RNY eating plan after not eating much or is this just a random fluke?

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

MickeyDee
on 6/8/15 11:43 am

Just concentrate on protein first, and try not to eat too much;  hope you feel much better soon.  There's nothing like a sinus infection to ruin my entire day.

White Dove
on 6/8/15 2:57 pm - Warren, OH

I always have to ease back into eating after being sick.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Eggface
on 6/9/15 5:28 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I haven't been sick many times post-op... I attribute it to all those darn vitamins we take ;) but the few times I have... yep I had to ease back in... I made "beefed up" protein shakes added thicker ingredients frozen banana, a little almond meal it sort of primed me again for food. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

mute
on 6/9/15 9:24 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I had soup broth, yogurt and string cheese the rest of the day yesterday and was completely fine so I think I'll do a shortened soft foods ramp up to get back to normal. I just hadn't even thought of it when I was feeling better.

Thanks everyone!

Most Active