Update with a Picture

Judi2
on 6/6/15 6:16 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've updated. I meant to but life kinda shook me up a little and time just flew by. It's been 6 months for my surgery and things health wise have been great. I am losing amazingly, I have lost 84lbs so far. I can't believe I am 32lbs from my goal weight. 

I remember before my surgery I would read peoples updates and see their pictures and not believing I could be there one day. It has come off so quickly but my mind still sees me as I was. However, this week I have begun to feel "skinny" I can't believe it but a couple times this week I felt thin. I still walk into places where there are people and imagine they are thinking "look at the fat lady". 

As the clothes have gotten smaller and I've seen the labels I am wearing from stores that I didn't even enter it's shocking to me. I recently went into a store that I had never shopped at and I was in there for 2 hours because the options are amazing now. I went into a Marshall's last week and where I usually shopped for shoes, the mens dept for my husband and sons, now I was able to shop for myself and actually got dizzy because I was overwhelmed by the racks and racks of clothing I was able to look through! I have gotten a bit angry at times when I compare what the larger people have to go through to find a decent outfit versus what thinner people can choose from! I was wearing a 20-22 and now I'm in a 14 that is already beginning to feel loose. I've had to pull my sewing machine out to start sewing my clothing again to save money. I have tried on some bathing suits and can't believe the change! 

My son is getting married in August so I've gone to try on some dresses and actually am enjoying shopping for it. I always thought that I would dread it because I would be fat but now it's a completely different story. I am still walking 5 miles a day then I go to the gym and work on weights. My vitamin and water intake is good although I could do better with my water but I'm trying to always have a bottle of water with me to help with the reminder. 

If I could change anything, it would be doing this surgery sooner. If there is anyone out there contemplating this I would say go for it! For me, doing what my physician and nutritionist have instructed to the letter have kept me on the right path. I don't never have and don't regret this decision for one minute. I did a lot of research which helped me know this was for me. I was still nervous but it's been the best decision I have made for me in many years. I hope you're all doing well.

Judi

Before on the right is 267lbs and the New me is 183lbs. 

christinerocks
on 6/6/15 7:34 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Wow, well done!  Are you sure you're old enough to have a son old enough to get married?  I mean seriously, you look wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Judi2
on 6/7/15 12:07 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Thank you! Yes, I started very young. :D

brenda_m
on 6/6/15 8:07 pm - Renick, WV

WOW!!! What a difference. Great job!!

Judi2
on 6/7/15 12:10 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Thanks!

NYMom222
on 6/6/15 8:29 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Great Job!

Love the tie-dye skirt...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Judi2
on 6/7/15 12:10 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Thank you!

Pokemom
on 6/6/15 9:06 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you so much for sharing this!  You look fabulous.  I really enjoyed reading the detail in your post as well.

Judi2
on 6/7/15 12:11 pm
RNY on 12/08/14

Thanks!

phibbmom
on 6/6/15 9:38 pm

What a transformation!  Does it feel wonderful???  I can't wait!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Most Active