Dr Dropped Me

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/15 8:31 pm

I typed to frantically. I did the pain meds as long as I was in pain. I consulted him about stopping them so i could start my klonopin since i was having the panic attacks. He said I could. My wls is svheduled for July and I knew it would be harder than the gallbladder surgery he performed so I asked for a pain mnmgmt plan that would allow me to take my klonopin. The nurse told me she was surprised he told me to stop taking them for the 1st surgery. 3 weeks later out of the blue I get a phonecall that he isnt comfortable with the surgery. I never got to speak to him. Ive only seen the PA.

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/8/15 4:57 am

He probably was not comfortable with performing surgery on you and long term follow up. 

In your own words you described yourself as someone who freaks out, get anxious. 

It it's expected for our WLS surgeons to offer long term care at least during first year post op. And even some of us who don't deal with anxiety issues preop can get very anxious in weeks, or months post op..

I guess he did not want, what he and his office thought youcould be "a more difficult patient". 

It it's time for you to find someone who care enough to help you. Good luck. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active