Stomach really upset, unsure why

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/15 9:05 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Hi everyone. I'm waiting for my doc to call back, but in the meantime, I figured I'd see if you guys have any advice. So far I've had a really easy recovery -- pain well-controlled, no nausea, no food intolerances so far. But this week I started to feel a bit "backed up," so I started taking a laxative at night before bed. Well for the last three nights in a row, I woke up in the middle of the night with bad stomach cramps, and last night's also included dry heaving. This morning, I'm feeling just as sick.

I'm suspecting the laxatives, but they haven't really even "produced" anything yet (very minimal), so I'm not sure. Is it possible I'm still just constipated, or is it more likely I never was in the first place and just really messed up my system by taking laxatives for three days when there was really nothing that needed to be moved through?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/5/15 11:22 am

IMO - you are still constipated. The pain was most likely due to the cramps - stimulation from laxative. 

I use Miralax when I know I am getting backed up - it is much easier on my body...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active