Incision site sore after healing 5 weeks out.

mlg21
on 6/4/15 5:07 pm

One of my incision sites is sore the last day or so.  Sore to touch when pressed,  all other sites feel fine.  Does not feel 'hot' or look red,  but definitely sore.   I am 5 weeks out.   Anyone had any issues with incisions after awhile?

radze09
on 6/4/15 7:05 pm
RNY on 06/08/15

Not had surgery yet, but the docs office told us a few things....the bigger incision will be sore while the stitches are being absorbed. Use a heating pad on it and it should help. They said pain can be bad and hurt into the back area too. So it could be that. Good luck, hope you feel better soon!! ☺

Boo14
on 6/5/15 9:25 am
RNY on 11/17/14

I'm new to this site, but I am six months post op. I was a slow healer, and I was sore on my left side for eight weeks after surgery. I never had any complications with surgery, it just happens. Everyone has a journey. My husband and I both had RNY on the same day, and he did have complications. They had to do an open bypass on him, and he felt fine after three weeks! So each of us has a healing process in which we go through. I just pray that yours isn't eight weeks! Good luck and I hope that feel better very soon!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/5/15 3:15 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Some people are just sore to heal, especially when there's a larger incision or more layers of muscle are being stitched together. If it's not hot or oozing and you're not running a fever, there's probably no infection. If you're worried, though, I'd suggest calling your surgeon's office; you could probably speak with someone there, even a nurse, to see if it's something worth coming into the office for, or going into "wait and see" mode.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mlg21
on 6/6/15 12:43 am

thanks......  I will have to wait and see.  :-)

Most Active