One year out - how much/how often do are you eating?

Melissa H.
on 6/3/15 6:28 pm

Just curious to know how much do you eat at one yr out? And how often are you eating? I feel hungry every two hours and always try to eat some protein incorporated. 

sor09
on 6/3/15 11:50 am, edited 6/5/15 11:06 am

Stick to your original menu plan. Make sure you are still getting your liquids 64 ounces +, vitamins, and daily protein requirements. You can google 6 to 12 month post op WLS menus to see what other are doing too. I still was not hungry 12 months out. Even now, not that often still. I try to not focus on the food like I did in the past.

NYMom222
on 6/3/15 7:45 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My surgeon doesn't have us counting calories, just protein and fluids. It's 60-80 for protein, but I try to get at least 80 in whi*****ludes a 30g protein shake or drink. I have my protein drink in the morning and eat 3-4 more times. Depends on the day and what I am doing. Doc says can eat up to 6 times a day, but I usually don't...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

auntmimi
on 6/4/15 7:30 am

14 months out. I eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. I keep my meal size to under 3/4 cup and snack is usually a cheese stick or a hb egg. I do pretty intense workouts and I notice if I dont have a snack before I get too tired and my bs drops during workouts. My dr. has never said to watch my carbs or calories. He focuses on proteins. I personally keep my calories under 900 per day, and shoot to keep my carbs really low,  but thats cause I am so set in what I eat on a daily thats where it usually stays. I do occasionally go to 1200 cals, but not very often. At 14 months I have not consumed breads, flours, rice, potatoes or noodles. I limit my sugars and artificial sweetners. Every person is different, every surgeon/NUT seems to say something different. Find what works for you.  Remember that being "hungry" is not life and death. That was one of the hardest lesson to learn in this journey. 

HFA70
on 6/4/15 3:25 pm

I'm 20 months out.  I am hungry about every two hours also.  I have 2 snacks in the morning, because I take a late lunch, after lunch I don't have anything excep****er until dinner time.

My snacks include;  deli meat, cheese, greek yogurt, shake or protein bar.

Most Active