Mixed emotions - mainly frustration - in dire need of encouragement!!

khunton
on 6/3/15 3:13 pm

THeres a possibility that you could still have fluid weight from the surgery. Also you may only lose a little this month but drop a bunch the next month. Everyone loses their excess weight differently. I'm a little over 2 months out and lost and have lost about 40 pounds since my surgery and the past week and a half havent lost any. Just remember to be patient, eat and drink righ****ch proportions and stay positive. Although we would all like to have WLS and lose 100 pounds the next day, that's just not realistic. 

Scarlette B.
on 6/3/15 8:23 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I lost 7 pounds from week 3.5-8.5 :(

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

TimeForMe61
on 6/3/15 8:59 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

My plan requires that I track only 3 things: Water (at least 64 oz), protein (60-80 grams per day) and calories (600 - 800 per day). The rationale at University of PA is that you can only have limited carbs between the protein and calorie goals. Even so, I found (based on posts here) that if I go over 50 carbs, I won't lose. The lower the carbs, the better I lose. One other note, I didn't lose anything for the first 10 days other than the 14 pounds if fluid that I gained during the surgery. Give it time and be patient.. It will happen if you don't get discouraged and stick to it!! Good luck!!

MickeyDee
on 6/3/15 9:43 pm

STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!!!

Jessca
on 6/3/15 10:16 pm
RNY on 04/20/15

Just out of curiosity how much water/fluids do you get in a day? They always say at least 64oz but I aim for 3 of my water bottles full which comes out to 84oz and whatever under 84oz I get in a day I seem to retain. I think I was retaining around 6-8lb worth when I went in for surgery because 3 days afterward I was already down 9lb and had been peeing up a storm since the moment I came out of the OR. So I think a lot of that first month was water weight. 

HW 313 SW 273 CW 208

M1 - 25 M2 - 10 M3 - 12 M4 - 9 M5 - 5 M6 - 4

Patm
on 6/4/15 6:14 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You lost so much weight pre-op I think your body is just slowing down and readjusting. Often this happens at 3 weeks where you lose inches not weight. You appear to have hit it sooner. I know it is hard but try to stay off the scale for a while then go back to it. You will lose weight just perhaps slower.

Sounds like you are doing everything right just keep it up

Tombocom
on 6/4/15 7:19 am
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm in the same boat - I'm about 5 weeks out from my RNY, and have lost 37 lbs (51 total since 24 March).  In the last few days, I either gain a few ounces, or gain a few pounds, with less than 600 total calories a day being ingested.

None of my darn clothes fit anymore though, so I'm losing inches.  I wish I had the foresight to take measurements and compare to today.

I need to stay off the &*%$!! scale, is what I need to do, and so should you... Let it come to us, as if inches are going, at some point, the scale will move.

Now just to take my own advice.  

Most Active