What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

lcraver
on 6/2/15 9:19 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So, thanks, now I have to get a Spiralizer! I have wanted one for a while and the one you showed has great reviews on Amazon. My husband is so sick of packages coming to our house all the time.  Oh, well.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

AngryViking
on 6/2/15 1:56 am, edited 6/2/15 1:56 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, why yes, my breakfast did have entirely too much sugar in it, thankyouverymuch. 

lcraver
on 6/2/15 9:25 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Lol... I just went back and reread your breakfast. Did the sugar make you sick?? Because I have been having more issues with sugar lately. I am going to have to give up my Yasso treats because they are just making me so nauseated after I eat them. They were fine before but this last box... bleck! But, the taste was out of this world!  Taste vs. nausea.... now I am realizing that I have changed my lifestyle. I honestly don't think I would have had the strength to give up something so good in the past.  Thank you, Petunia Pouch!!!!

AngryViking
on 6/2/15 9:30 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I think so.  I feel like I'm becoming more sensitive to sugar the farther out I get.  After I had my last bite of my Fiber One bar, I was like "Oh, I wonder how much sugar that was" like a dope.  Turns out 16gms of sugar between the yogurt and the coffee cake was toooooo much.  If I had had one or the other (which I've done before with no ill effects) I would have not suffered so.  LOL

Dodgergirl27
on 6/2/15 12:40 pm
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey AV,

My sugar sensitivity has definately  gone way up the farther out I get.  I mean, I get crazy sick if I over do it.  I see this as both a blessing and a curse.  A curse for obvious reasons (sometimes a girl just needs a little cake) and a blessing for the same reasons (maybe she doesn't need cake as bad as she thinks she does :).  Still it's been hard to navigate, but I'm finding that if I eat some protein with my sugar that helps (both with keeping me full and normalizing my blood sugar levels).  Good luck!  

Dcgirl
on 6/2/15 1:46 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

God, I am jealous.  No sugar sensitivity here :(  Ugh.

lcraver
on 6/2/15 2:13 am, edited 6/2/15 2:15 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Good morning, all!! I think the sensitivity training is great. The WORLD should be required to have sensitivity training about obesity bias... I think it is one prejudice that is almost celebrated and allowed. Hopefully, someday this will change.

Today is my 3 month surgiverary! So, I have lost 57 lbs since surgery, which is great! But, why do we always think we should have done better... lol! I feel 100% better all ready and am more confident than ever that this is the correct journey for me. And, to accept that this is going to be a long journey... that's the hardest one for me. Anyway, yay, me!!

My menu today:

B: Tea and SugarLeaf

B2: 1/2 of a deviled egg (ate this way too fast! Will I ever learn?)

L: To be decided. I didn't pack lunch today but there is a little cafe in my office building. I am hoping I can find something healthy, mayb a P3 pack or something.

S: Toasted Coconut Vanilla greek yogurt

D: 3 oz. talapia and roasted zuchinni... same as last night but it was GOOD!

S:  Protein Hot Chocolate (Swiss Miss No Sugar added plus a little Genepro)

Totals (without lunch):  Calories - 563, Protein - 51, Carbs - 42, Sugar - 32, Fat - 24

Vitamins - Totally forgot today... will at least take my evening dose, Exercise - I know!

Everyone have a great day!

Dodgergirl27
on 6/2/15 9:25 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All!

AV, I think it's great your hospital is giving that training.  After my surgery, all of the nurses and staff were really really nice, which made me feel so much better.  I was so nervous about surgery as a whole, and it helped during that time to have sympathetic/compassionate people helping me out.

Time since surgery: 16 months

B - 2 string cheeses & fiber gourmet crackers

L - 1/2 hardboiled egg/tomatoes/sugar snap peas/some chicken breast (aprox. 1.5 oz)

S - Jerky

D - Salmon (I didn't end up eating this last night)

W/V - On track

E - none planned, but I really need to work on getting my steps in, so I'm going to try and work a few 15 - 20 min walks in throughout the day...

Have a great day everyone!

Most Active