What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/1/15 5:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Good morning!  I hope everyone had a marvelous weekend.  My weekend was pretty nice but this weather has been cah-razy!  Saturday was like 85 and humid and yesterday it never got out of the 40s and it rained all day.  It's still raining and probably won't get above 55.  I'll cry if my son still has a baseball game tonight.  LOL

I took advantage of the cool weather yesterday and did a ton of baking and food prep.  I made oatmeal toasting bread (my son's favorite), Greek yogurt cream cheese banana bread (jury's still out on this one), a bunch of overnight oats, chicken salad, baked ziti w/sausage, ricotta pancakes and a frittata!  LOL  I kind of forgot how much I enjoy making stuff.  Not all of it's food I'm going to eat, but I still got a kick out of it.  I turned the radio up loud and had myself a solo dance party in the kitchen!

Time since surgery:  10 1/2 months

B:  coffee and a Special K breakfast sandwich (ham, egg, pepper jack)

S:  Yoplait Greek apple pie yogurt

L:  Buffalo chicken salad, pork rinds and a cheese stick

D:  ham, cream cheese and pickle rollups with a few parmesan cheese crisps.  The boys will eat ziti and bread.  LOL

TOTALS:  Cals:  861  Protein:  81  Carbs:  48  Fat:  38

AnnyBananny
on 6/1/15 5:40 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all. I'm off to the races again with another busy week. How are we all so busy?! 

Today starts my two week gym streak challenge! I kicked started things with a great cardio workout this morning and I'm feeling strong. I have my week's workouts planned on my calendar and am looking forward to them. I'm going to try a couple classes as well as a few workouts on my own. I'm planning BodyPump, spinning, and a new-to-me class call CRWORX, it's Les Mills core class, eeek!

Time since surgery 1+ year

B: coffee with cream, Chobani tube, breakfast sandwich

S: deli ham, Thin Addictives, Laughing Cow Light

L: Cottage Cheese Double, string cheese, granola thin

S: turkey sticks, Babybel Light

D: TJ's turkey meatballs with sauce and cheese

S: Omega Trek Mix, popcorn, a froyo bar

TOTALS: Calories 1445, Protein 94, Carbs 135, Fat 66

V/W: started

E: got it done!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AmyDee123
on 6/1/15 5:53 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Happy Monday!  Ugh, all that food sounds so yummy!  I may not be able to eat anything, but I make a ton of stuff still for the family and neighbors.  The kids and I made batches of cupcakes for our neighbors, my mother's construction manager, and the realtors in the office for our neighborhood (its a brand new neighborhood) who have become like family to us.  I was so tempted to taste the frosting, and a few times I almost instinctively put a spoon in my mouth.  It helped having the kids there.  I just shoved frosting spoons in their mouths.  LOL  I love cooking, still want to open a restaurant and be a recognized chef.  Things are just different for me now with the WLS.  

Our weather was HOT HOT HOT (I live in central florida) but we had some AWESOME thunder storms that helped me sleep.  Can't beat that.  And my stall broke on Sunday finally and Today I am down even more.  Can't beat it!!  

I'm officially on my liquid pre-op diet.  So my diet is pretty simple.

B, L, & D :  Premier Protein Chocolate or Optifast shake

Cals: 480   Protein: 90   Carbs: 15   Fat: 9

Water is started, Vitamins I will do at lunch time.  Exercise will be a walk around the neighborhood with my husband.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

mamata2
on 6/1/15 6:12 am

My weekend was crazy.  I had to take boy child to the urgent care Friday night, waited for 2 hrs only to find out he has strep!  Ugh.  Saturday I managed to get to the gym and take a Zumba class, definitely not my thing but fun.  Yesterday was lacrosee and my parents.  Not too bad.

I found the yummiest new treat at Costco.  Golden Island Korean Barbecue pork jerky!  SO YUMMY!

Time since surgery: Almost 11 months

B: SF Latte and Golden Island Korean pork jerky

S: 1/2 Quest Bar

L: Turkey Cheddar Brat, string cheese and Market Pantry Carb Conscious Tortilla

S: Kay's Natural Chili Cheese Puffs

D: TJ's Stuffed flouder

W/V: Started

E: run at lunch

Totals: Calories 1002, Protein 101, Carbs 80, Fat 37

Have a great day all!

Dodgergirl27
on 6/1/15 9:58 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Korean BBQ + jerky = LOVE...thanks for the suggestion!

Capogirl
on 6/1/15 6:25 am

The weather was crazy indeed.   I had to wear a fleece jacket this morning on way to work.   NSV though, it's huge on me now, as is the cardigan I am wearing at work today.

So, I've had a change of plans regarding hernia surgery, turns out when I went to my PCP on Friday to be cleared for surgery, they discovered I had cellulitis (which may be the cause of most of my pain) so no surgery this week and I'm on antibiotics for the next 10 days.   I will see the surgeon this week though.  I'm really started to get frustrated.  I would like to be able to get back to somewhat normal.

A good thing I found though was a recipe for sugar-free, gluten free teriyaki sauce on Pinterest Saturday and I made the most delicious pork tenderloin for dinner so I have yummy leftovers today.

B:  Premier Protein Shake

L:  Teriyaki pork tenderloin

D:  Chicken Thigh, 1/4 cup sweet potato

S:  Babybel light and SF pudding

Calories : 539, Carbs 24, Protein 71

Emiepie
on 6/1/15 7:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like a great weekend for sure! It was HOT here in the central valley, finally had to turn on the A/C for a few days but luckily it's going to drop a few degrees today. Enjoyed some farmers markets this weekend and finally saw Avengers-crazy that I have to remember to take a sweater to the movie theater now because I get too cold. 

Time since surgery: 9 1/2 months

B: SF latte, egg beater scramble with spinach, broccoli, and cheese and some fruit (peach and apple) 

S: Cinnamon raisin thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: P3 Ham pack and string cheese

S: L&F Greek toasted vanilla coconut yogurt 

D: Grilled steak salad with feta and froyo

E: ½ hour stationary stepper and hula class

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 951 Protein: 71 Carbs: 94 Fat: 31

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lcraver
on 6/1/15 1:40 am, edited 6/1/15 3:05 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Good morning everyone! I had a great weekend... I hit my 100 lb. weight loss total (pre and post op) on Saturday! And, my son came to the house with our grandson and we all had a good visit. My son has always been very encouraging and supportive of my weight loss. My grandson, when I reported that I lost 100 lbs, took a good look at my stomach and said "I don't see it". LOL... the mouths of babes. I then pulled out a before picture, but he wasn't convinced much. I told him that I had a long way to go yet and he said he was afraid he wouldn't recognize me when I was skinny and I assured him that we would ALWAYS recognize each other, no matter what! He is such a good kid!!! He is going to teach me how to roller skate again when I lose more... I figure that I might attempt it by winter time! 

My menu today: 

B: Chocolate Protein Shake

L: 2 Turkey Pepperoni Sticks, 1 oz of Cabot's Seriously Sharp Cheese

S: Yoplait 100 calorie Strawberry Banana greek yogurt

S: Tea with SugarLeaf (when I get home for work... to relax)

D: 2 oz talapia, 2 oz roasted zuchinni (seasonings and a little olive oil)

S:  Yasso Chocolate Mint Greek Yogurt Bar (for some reason, last time I ate one, it kinda made me feel yucky, not sure if the sugar count might be too high on this for me. Gonna try it one more time, if I don't feel well after, it will be off the snack list!), 

Totals:  Calories - 748, Protein - 63, Carbs - 48, Sugar - 36, Fat- 37

Vitamins - Started, Exericise - I suck!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Berryhoosier
on 6/1/15 8:44 am
RNY on 12/17/14

Hi All,

i went to the beach last week and had an unexpected NSV.  I was in the water with an innertube just over my head, kind of hanging on it.  I leaned back, pulled up my legs up and through, and suddenly I was on top of the innertube. I promise I couldn't have done that last summer!  So now I'm back from vacation and need to reign in the snacking!  I do great with meals, it's the grazing that gets me.

b: light and fit Greek and 1/2 cup Special K protein 

S: premier rtd shake

L: deli ham, cheese, 34 degree crackers, 1/2 orange

S: skinny girl popcorn

D: chicken lemon soup, salad

s: yasso greek yogurt bar

Dodgergirl27
on 6/1/15 10:02 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All and Happy Monday!

Sounds like a busy weekend, it's great to see everyone being so active and enjoying their life.  I remember pre-op this time of year freaked me out b/c I knew it was going to get warmer soon and my "uniform" of long sleeved black tops and black pants would make me melt and I'd spend the whole summer as a hot sweaty mess with frizzy hair and melted make up.  I was thinking this weekend how I don't have to have a contignency plan for mopping up sweat discreetly when I go out any more, lol.  What a nice change :)

Time since surgery: 16 months

B - 2 string cheese & fiber gourmet crackers

L - hard boiled egg, chicken and some cherry tomatoes

D - Left over BBQ salmon...yum

S - Jerky

W/V - On track

E - Spin tonight

Have a great week everyone!

Most Active