Headache

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/15 5:36 pm, edited 5/30/15 5:36 pm

I am 2 months post op and i have had a dull headache for the last three days. I know I'm not dehydrated, I have been good on my fluid intake. I even had a massage yesterday and that didn't help. Keep in mind it's been scorching here in Central California where I live. It was 100 degrees today. Are headaches frequent after surgery? (I called my clinic yesterday but the clerk said the nurse willl get back to me on Monday.

Karen518
on 5/30/15 6:28 pm

Have you had headaches in the past?  It could be so many things.  How are your blood sugar and blood pressure?  Have you eaten any new foods, artificial sweeteners?  Have you taken Tylenol or anything get relief?  I seldom ever get headaches anymore. I used to, but they were allergy related and we have my allergies pretty much under control.  Dehydration certainly comes to mind, but you don't think that's it.  If it gets worse, I'd go in to be seen and wouldn't wait until Monday, but I'm not too patient about that sort of thing.  Hope you get relief soon.

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/15 6:36 pm

I have severe seasonal allergies,  and the air quality in my town is awful.  I was thinking it may be related to that combined with the scorching heat. I used to get severe migraines years ago,  but I haven't had one in the past year.  This headache is just dull and lingering. .

mimiof2wins
on 5/31/15 5:51 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

Hi Alwayzmarel,

I live in Bakersfield too and had my surgery with Dr. Boone at ALSA on January 2014. I was wondering if maybe your headache is hormonal since I have heard that losing weight quickly causes a lot of hormone dumping.  I used to get lots of headaches when I was younger and still had my menstrual cycle. The hormone shifts caused severe headaches. Just make sure you stay hydrated.

Laura in Texas
on 5/31/15 6:13 am

I get headaches when I am stressed and my blood pressure is high. Walking helps keep my stress and blood pressure under control.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/31/15 7:19 am

I get headaches when i get SF with aspartame. (Diet drinks, foods). 

Plus if i get constipated... Or get low BP.... 

I have food allergies, and if i eat any food that i am allergic to.  As much as i try to avoid that,sometimes, when eating out, there may be additives in the food that it's not known to the wait stuff.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active