What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Capogirl
on 5/28/15 8:10 am

I hate when that happens!   Today is my second to last day of work, my hernia surgery is on Tuesday so I'm taking Monday off as well'' but it felt like Friday this morning to me.

My favorite movies are "Philadelphia Story" with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart.  Overboard with Goldie Hahn and Kurt Russell and Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law.  As you can see, I love a good love story.

I'm struggling because the smell of delicious bagels is really getting to me.  Every darn Thursday morning, they are in the kitchen right near my desk.  Most of the time I can deal with it, but today as soon as I walked in the door I could smell them, they must have been right out of the oven. 

B:  Protein Shake

L:  Mini Meatloaf Muffin

D: Scrambled egg w/ laughing cow wedge

S:  SF Pudding?

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/15 8:43 am

I love a good love story also. I do love Bell Book and candle. Auntie Mame. I love all of the older movies. 

iloveravens
on 5/28/15 8:13 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Time since surgery:  9.5 months 

B: Inside of Dunkin Donuts veggie egg white flatbread (estimated): (140 cals, 8 protein, 16 carbs

S: 1/2 peanut butter & jelly Quest bar (100 cals, 10 protein, 10.5 carbs)

L: 1/2 Crab cake combo Legal Seafood's Logan airport (300 cals, 22 protein, 15 carbs)

S: Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte (100 cals, 9 protein, 14 carbs)

D: Baked ham (180 calories, 19 protein, 0 carb) & side salad or veggies (100 cals, 3 protein, 11 carbs)

Totals: Cals: 920 Protein: 71 Carbs: 56

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

JB1114
on 5/28/15 8:16 am - Grain Valley, MO

Good morning!  I've not posted here in a while but I've been reading.  I think I'm the old lady of the group and being almost 7 years out I'm definitely the veteran.  I should be perfect by now.....right?  Well, I'm not.  This 7 month temp job has added some poundage.  Sitting on my rump 5 days a week has done that.  Tomorrow is my last day.  I'm leaving after they take me to lunch.  I'm excited to return to retirement.

My favorite movies are Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman and Max Dugan Returns.  I'm sure none of you have ever seen Max Dugan Returns.  It's with Jason Robards and Marsha ????

I bought Chobani Flips Greek Yogurt.  It's Greek yogurt so should be healthy.....right??  NO, it isn't.  After consuming 3 of them I looked at the nutritional info.   240 calories, too much sugar, too much fat.....no wonder they taste so good.  Won't be buying those again.

Today's eats:

B:  Shake with 1 scoop Click, 1 scoop Syntrax Cappuccino, almond milk

S:  Corozonas bar with a schmear or peanut butter

L:  Brats w/slice of cheese

S:  Muscle Milk Organic shake

D:  Egg, bacon.....breakfast for dinner or brinner

S:  None.....I hope

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

AngryViking
on 5/28/15 8:32 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Max.  Dugan.  Returns!  OMG, you are taking me back.  That was on HBO in what felt like a continuous loop in the 80s.  Great movie!

JB1114
on 5/28/15 11:18 am - Grain Valley, MO

Couldn't believe someone besides remembered Max Dugan.  I haven't seen it in a long time.  I need to see if I can find it.

~Jo~

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

christinerocks
on 5/28/15 10:49 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

No, no... Old is in our heads and it's relative.  I'm 53. Are you sure you're the old lady here? :-)

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

JB1114
on 5/28/15 11:12 am - Grain Valley, MO

Age is a number and mine is unlisted.  I am older than you but I try not to think of the number because I feel young.  If I had not shed the weight I wouldn't be in such a good place.  At the time of surgery, I was taking 3 BP meds, meds for acid reflux and for high cholesterhol.  Now I just take thyroid med.

~Jo~

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

lcraver
on 5/28/15 8:59 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Good morning all!

Yes, it is Thursday. But, just think how great tomorrow will feel! Soon.

My favorite movies... Love Actually, When Harry Met Sally, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, Must Love Dogs, (I do love a romantic comedy), plus Rudy (love an underdog), Galaxy Quest (sorry, it's a hoot), pretty much anything Sandra Bullock is in, and I hate to admit it...Frozen (do you wanna build a snowman?). I guess I like girly movies, but I do like anything with Tom Hardy in, too... I mean, c'mon! 

My menu today:

Breakfast: Tea with SugarLeaf

Breakfast 2: 2 Mini Chocolate Protein Muffins (Eggface's recipe). They are good, a little dry, but I think that is my fault because I cooked them a minute or so too long).  I am going to experiment with flavors on these.  Just love her stuff!

Lunch: 1 Cheese Stick, some Chicken Noodle Soup (still recovering from my tooth being pulled).

Dinner: maybe Talapia (if my mouth can handle it). I got a new RangeMate microwave cooker from QVC that I am going to cook it in with just some Old Bay Seasoning... let's see if my addiction to QVC is a healthy one!

Snacks: Unjury Chicken Soup and 80 calorie cherry Greek yogurt.

Totals:  Calories: 519, Protein: 65 grams, Carbs: 36 grams, Sugar: 22 grams, Fat: 13 grams

I am 1 pound away from a total loss of 100 (before and post surgery). Keeping my fingers crossed that maybe it will show tomorrow.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

christinerocks
on 5/28/15 10:08 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

Oh my God, someone else has seen and loves Galaxy Quest! It never gets old for me! " by Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!" 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active