What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/28/15 6:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay, another Jaws fan!  LOL  I'll watch it any time I run across it on TV, too, even though I own it. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/15 6:18 am

I have a ton of movies that I watch over and over. I love the Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law. That is one of the newer ones that I like. I love a Christmas Story , Elf Christmas Vacation. Or any of the John Hughs films from the 80s.

I hate waking up thinking it is a weekend and its not. 

B:Hard boiled eggs

S:Cheese stick

L:Tuna with some mayo and pickles

D:Chicken taco salad

S:Not sure if I need one. 

Vitamins are in water is going down. Exercise is going to be a nice walk today. 

Dcgirl
on 5/27/15 11:20 pm, edited 5/27/15 11:20 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, everyone!  Long time no post - I was in Orlando for five days for work, then home two days, and was just in Cancun for five days for vacation.  I know I shouldn't complain as I am only working two days this week but oh boy, today and tomorrow are gonna be tough to buckle down!  Ha ha!

I love your questions, Kristen - they are hilarious!  When I was really little I watched Back to the Future constantly.  Then, Pretty Woman, Top Gun and Dirty Dancing were sleepover staples.  I never watch movies anymore.  There just doesn't seem to be time.

So I was at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun and let me tell you, it's a waste of money for a WLS person!  My friends were drinking all. day. long and I had some drinks, of course, but only one day did I "go off the rails".  I also ate some things off plan but THANK GOD FOR MY RNY!  My small stomach kept it somewhat more reasonable than say, two years ago.  I am up .8 lbs after five days there, but still squarely in my acceptable weight range.  I worked out every single day in Cancun.  So I am feeling pretty proud of myself and wondering if I have somehow gotten the hang of maintenance.  Not to say every day isn't a struggle to not eat crap, cuz I love crap ha ha.  But thanks to my surgery I can't eat and don't eat as much, and I really credit RNY with changing my life.

I will try to post a pic tomorrow - I hung out in a bikini at the pool and beach everyday.  Thanks to my LBL and BL this is possible!!!  Seriously my life is blessed.

Time Since Surgery: 1.5 years

B: Light and fit greek yogurt, high protein granola; coffee with half and half

L: Flat out light 1/2 wrap with pizza sauce, mozz cheese, turkey pepperoni

S: Pure Protein chocolate salted protein bar

D: Trader Joe's chicken tacos with light sour cream and salsa

S2: TBD

E: I got 8,000 steps in this morning already, and after work I will walk to the gym for an hour long cardio/strength training class and then hit up Trader Joe's to get healthy food in the house!

Totals are 1,300 calories, 86 protein, 99 carbs.  I will likely go over 1600 calories which is par for the course when I get a good workout in.  So some snack will be incorporated in.  I was always terrified of being in maintenance at some absurdly low amount of calories and I have found that when I get in a really good workout, I can eat around 1,600-2,000 calories.

I will try to get back on the post with some regularity!  I love the accountability.  I hope everyone has a great day!

Emiepie
on 5/28/15 7:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad to hear that you had a great time! I missed reading your posts so I am glad you're back!!  

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

NYMom222
on 5/28/15 9:03 am
RNY on 07/23/14

good for you, I love the "Cuz I love crap"  hahahaha

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

auntmimi
on 5/28/15 6:27 am

Ever since I was young I could watch Wizard of Oz for days on end. I remember when I was 8 and my family uprooted from California to Kansas I couldn't understand why everything was in color. I guess in my 8 year old mind as soon as we hit the "Welcome to Kansas" sign everything was suppose to turn black, white and grey. LOL. Have a great day all! 

karenp8
on 5/28/15 6:57 am - Brighton, IL

Movies I watch every time they are on: Wizard of Oz,Pretty Woman and all the Back to the Future movies. Kristen,your tuns chickpea salad sounds delicious. I think my family might even like it too. With the warmer weather my hubby hates to eat hot food so some tuna chickpea salad might be dinner tonight. Beautiful weather in Illinois today and Lily and ?I have our three miles in already. I will also do another 2.5 miles on the treadmill this afternoon. I am cu5ting back on exercise a bit because at 33 months out I have started losing weight again. I am at 116.6 today so will drop the bike for now and just walk instead. Never ever thought I would be too thin! Here's the food for the day: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz chicken sausage 1/2 c sweet potatoes D 1 c tuna chickpea salad S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

Emiepie
on 5/28/15 12:33 am, edited 5/28/15 12:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! yes, you should totally take tomorrow off!  My movie would probably be Kindergarten Cop, for some reason anytime it is on TV I stop and watch it, that and Uncle Buck.

I need you all to send me willpower today. Work has been stressful and there is a tray of cookies sitting on the table in front my desk!! I could ask my team to move them but I don't they should be deprived and know I can resist them right?!?!?! Putting it out here to hold me accountable to not eat a bite of one.

Here is what I have for today:

Time since surgery: 9 1/2 months

B: SF  latte, egg beater scramble with spinach, cheese and a bit of crumbled bacon, fruit (strawberries and some apple slices)

S: Cinnamon raisin thin addictives and a laughing cow cheese wedge

L: Steak salad with a few tortilla chips

S: Yoplait greek 100 strawberry cheesecake yogurt with a tad granola

D: 1/2 flat out pizza and small salad

E: 1 hour cardio at the gym

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals: 1094 Protein: 74 Carbs: 100 Fat: 44

Enjoy your days!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lcraver
on 5/28/15 1:42 am, edited 5/28/15 1:43 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

Sending willpower... now!!!!! No cookies, no cookies, no cookies.  You got this!

My husband brought Golden Oreos into the house last weekend and I broke down and ate 2.  Such a disappointment! They didn't taste that great and and I dumped a little... felt lousy the rest of the day.  That will keep me in line for a while.

Sugar is overrated... keep thinking that, at least for today.

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

Emiepie
on 5/28/15 9:09 am
RNY on 08/11/14

THANK YOU!! I will tell myself that pushing past it makes me stronger. Go willpower!!!

Most Active