Going to a restaurant for the first time tonight

Navychic
on 5/26/15 8:30 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Basil Chicken in the Thai place should be good, mostly just chicken & veggies.  Most restaurants will give you the option on the "heat" level, but you can ask for them to tone it down and they will as they cook it to order...

Good luck and enjoy your night!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

mute
on 5/26/15 8:43 am
RNY on 03/23/15

This place doesn't have heat levels, isn't that weird!? Last time I got pad Thai and asked for a level 1 and they said they don't have levels. I asked for as unspicy as possible and I took one bite and thought I would die from the heat, it was horrible lol!! So I won't be taking those risks again since I can't drink water.

Their Thai menu is pretty limited, they have maybe 7 or 8 dishes and all of them have the spicy symbol next to them. It's a good restaurant, just not a ton of options if you don't like spicy food.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

christinerocks
on 5/26/15 8:46 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

I have have total confidence in you.  You can handle this! 

I still haven't eaten salad (it's just been cleared for me today), but if it comes with the meal, take it home.  The appetizer as a main course is a great option.  Even apps may be larger than we can handle at this point, so tomorrow you may have scallops over salad as your lunch!  :-)  

i just had my first restaurant experiences last weekend. I was super nervous! But like you, I planned ahead, and took a lot of food home. 

Relax and enjoy your visit with your friends! 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

sue P.
on 5/26/15 6:01 pm
RNY on 05/05/15

I am only 24 days out since my surgery but you sound like you have a good plan for you food already. Enjoy your time with you friends and remember to stop when you start to feel full! 

Sue

seattledeb
on 5/26/15 10:55 pm

Fish appetizers make good meals for me too. I eat shrimp or scallops or crab cakes. It's less expensive and it's usually enough for two meals.

I think going out to eat with friends is fun and a great relaxing thing to do pre and post surgery!

Deb T.

mute
on 5/27/15 6:11 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Dinner went so great!! Well besides the tornado that hit across the street and I drove almost through. That part wasn't so great lol.

But I already knew what I wanted so I didn't need to stress about anything when I got there. I ordered my appetizer and had it come with the dinner. And it was the absolute perfect size - I swear I could have weighed it and it would have been 2.5 ounces I'm guessing. DH has made me scallops a few times since surgery and his were larger than these and I could eat 2 when weighed out. These were small and only 3 on the plate. I ate all 3 and that was it. Perfection :)

Everyone else had food that looked good but I wasn't sitting there yearning for it or anything, which was my other worry. I feel like I just crossed another hurdle, yay!

christinerocks
on 5/27/15 7:18 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

My "like" is for your dinner and your happiness, not for the tornado!!!!

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

Most Active