Not doing well

iloveravens
on 5/26/15 6:08 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Hi, I'm sorry you have really been through a lot.  As NYmom mentioned, I too had to be converted to an RNY the next day after my sleeve (so not nearly as horrible as 2 months in agony).  I sympathize with you.  You WILL adjust as soon as you accept that this is what you have and you need to work with it.  Keep reading this board for suggestions, find out what works for your new tummy and what doesn't.  It's still a learning process.  You will get through it and I hope you'll look back and still say it was all worth it.  Message me if you want to support each other.  xoxo 

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

lynnc99
on 5/26/15 6:23 am

Yes, I believe it will get easier but you need to be sure to have very close monitoring by your doc. Around here you will often read reminders that we've undergone major surgery...even with small incisions, we have to allow our bodies time to heal and recover. And in your case - wow. Your body has gone an extra round or two, so do be extra gentle with yourself. 

If there is pain, I'd let the dr. know. S/he may be very reassuring - or may read it as a sign that they need to see you. Either way, call today. After going through the sepsis, a second surgery, and lengthy hospitalization you should be at the top of their priority list!

Where are you on your eating at this point? Getting in enough fluids and protein? Are you able to eat soft foods? 

I'm going to venture a guess that part of the adjustment difficulty surrounds your feelings about all the serious complications you've had. And while I'd readily say that you will likely feel better emotionally once you feel better physically - it may not be a bad idea to seek out someone to talk to about the psychological and emotional side of all of this. 

crazy4birds
on 5/26/15 7:11 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

You poor thing.  So much to endure.  I am glad they finally found the leak.  I didn't really want bypass surgery but I was not a candidate for the sleeve due to GERD.  It is an adjustment, for sure, but then the sleeve would have been too.   Give yourself time to heal both physically and emotionally, you have been through a lot.  I was one of those who went through surgery regret, wondering what the heck have I done to myself?  It does get easier.  Take care of yourself, Denise

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Most Active